Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

One Great Machine!!

widebody

[size=large]have had the V3i for a while now and just got the 6x10 coil for it a week or two ago and it has been fun. Once the mineral readings were understood and that problem was solved it was off to the big city of Portland, Or. to try it out in some of the oldest parks there. I went to Columbia Park in North Portland and started my hunt. darn kids were already in the playground. found a clad time right off the bat. though that to be a good sign. started around the side of the play area and low and behold, there blocking my path was laying right in front of me, a $20.00 bill. i checked for strings and then for someone with a camera. then i picked it up and unfolded it and sure enough it's a 20. i finished the rest of the hunt with $0.54 cents in clad and the 20. a couple of days later after a few more local hunts and practice i head for a school that's been here in Kelso, Wa. since the early 1950's. just looked like if there's any silver it might be in this playground area. found a fair amount of clad.
there's over 40 hunters been pounding these parks and schools around here. anyway this machine has taught me to dig targets i never would dig before. with that thought i have dug more nickels and pennies where i didn't think there were any. and as I'm cruising along the third base line at this school i get what i think is a Qtr. signal. bouncing between 83 & 91 @ between 6 to 7 inches. can't get it to come up any closer so i dig and between 6-7 inches i bring up a handful of dirt with a dime in it. i pull out the dime and turned it sideways to if it was silver and low and behold it's stuck to a nickel. i slide them apart and the dime is a 1953-d and the nickel is a 1947-d. that just made my day. I've been back with the D-2 but this time i turned up my thresh-hold and this place is loaded with iron. I've been in here before with my XLT royal 800 coil and with my ml explorer se w/11 dd coil. explains why i didn't get anywhere. will be going back with the 6x10 again and see if i can squeeze out another silver. This machine has been awesome to use..

HH[/size]

My inlaws live up there in Longview, and my wife is flying back home to California today. I have done some research on the area and it appears most of Kelso and Longview are fill dirt. I will read up on some of my books and see if I can point you in an area with old ground. Sounds like you are having a great time....:cheers:

Glad you are enjoying your detector.

[attachment 269287 usa.jpg]

[size=large]yes enjoying my machine very much Rob.Thanks for the start up help from you & Larry.
Burlbark,
I need all the help i can get on where to hunt. I have met four fellas from these forum sites that have been very helpful. I'll give em a shout out there's, Lucky from Portland and Don, Gordy and Randy ( now in Spokane WA.) All are or were from Kelso or Longview except Lucky.. There!s also two more I've only met once..
Anyway as I've mentioned before there's 40 active, i met them in person, who are hunting the same parks and schools. Targets are getting very scarce. Now I've only been in Kelso 5 yrs. The others have been hunting around here for yrs. BEFORE ME[. But with this machine I'll be visiting those sites again anew. As for landfill, this area is full of it. So by all means speak-up anytime. My e-mail is lowerye747@gmail.com. drop a line any time.

HH/size]