Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

One last "first"...

srf2112

...for my first year in. Today marks one year to the day I started detecting. (not counting a short stint in the early 70's). About 10 months with the MXT. I finished it up in style with one last "first" for the year on my very last hunt before the rains set in. Found my first Barber Dime, a 1912 S in nice condition. It was on my second hunt on Friday (after my cliff hunt, photos on an earlier post). I had one of those "feelings" when I got to my favorite spot. I found the 1950 S Rosie and the 46' nickel on the surface right next to each other and a 59' penny. They had apparently been uncovered in the previous rains. Near miss on both the nickel and penny but hit it on the rosie. For some reason I didn't feel like that was the find I was "feeling" so I decided to keep hunting and nailed the Barber about 5" down on edge. I've been over this area several times but this time I was using the 5.3 and the rest is history. I packed it up immediately and put the stamp on my first year. Feelin pretty good...

Very nice finds , Congrats on a great year . My year ended a couple weeks ago also . Now you know what you have to beat next year . Every year I hunt I have to raise the goal up and the next always seems to be better than the one before for me anyway. Good luck on your up coming year .

Harold

What a way to go out with a bang! Or should I say "BONG". Gotta love those "feelings" and what a beauty she is. Thanks for all the great posts. HH, Nancy

Scott,

Congratulations. Nice find and she's a real beauty. :thumbup::thumbup: I'm still looking for my first Mercury and/or Barber dime . :shrug: Hopefully some of your good fortune will spread my way... Nice post, nice pics, good hunting as always.

CCH

Thanks Harold and Nancy. Nancy, it seems like a lifetime ago when I started out. You were one of the first people to give me a hand and some encouragement that has made much of this possible. Thanks to you and to everyone who has helped make this an unforgettable year. Happy Holiday's...

Nice finds, still searching for that first barber myself. Jimmie

Thank you. EJ and Jimmie, I know it's said time and time again but persistence is your most valuable "accessory". I found my first silver coin (192x Merc) no more than 20' (and 10 months !) away from where I found the Barber Dime. I have been over this area numerous times w/numerous coils. I recently went back to trying out my 5.3 (didn't like it initially) and now I can't pry it off of my MXT. The 5.3 combined w/more experience, a fresh rain and JUST the right angle and speed on the sweep....