Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

One little Two little Three little Indians——-

MikeO

Staff member
Ok, well I didn’t get the third Indian but, two works for me today.
Got out again today with my hunting buddy. It was a nice day with temps at about 50*.
Only hunted about 2.5hrs but, had a great time getting the heck outside.
Anyhow, my two good finds for the day where a 1885 and 1890 IHs. Both have full liberties in headband.
We plan on heading back out next Weds.

Happy Hunting and stay safe (y)
6DFD8322-E220-4059-BCFC-9DE01816424A.jpeg
0C01D795-25F2-4D0C-BA76-2D64953D2F65.jpeg
7AAD2D72-098D-4F8F-AF24-E77320EFF999.jpeg
8DCF6103-93AD-4E00-9348-74D9E08B3AAB.jpeg

Those crusty zincolns look familiar. I wish they would quit making cent coins.

I've always wondered why zincolns and IHs ID pretty the same on the explorer, but wheat pennies different. IHs and wheats were supposed to be the exact same composition- .950 copper, .050 tin and zinc. I wonder if they varied the amount of the impurities, or perhaps now some wheaties have been buried over a hundred years they may ring up differently.

Got a theory anyone?

Chris

Those crusty zincolns look familiar. I wish they would quit making cent coins.

I've always wondered why zincolns and IHs ID pretty the same on the explorer, but wheat pennies different. IHs and wheats were supposed to be the exact same composition- .950 copper, .050 tin and zinc. I wonder if they varied the amount of the impurities, or perhaps now some wheaties have been buried over a hundred years they may ring up differently.

Got a theory anyone?

Chris
Chris, Both these IHs hit a touch below zincolns and where skipping to the right and back etc.
Seems most my IHs hit that way. Yes most of those crusty ones came from a depth deeper then most as I prefer not to waste my back digging those all day. Years ago when I would swing the XS wasn’t a issue but, years have a way of catching up with you.
I’m contemplating purchasing a Minelab harness so, I can swing for 8hrs non stop again. LOL