Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

One lucky lady today, a first personal find!

hotrod53

Having being a detectorist since 1972, this is a first for me. Today Mapper65, Mom, and I headed out to a new site. I had seen this place torn down probably 5 years ago, there was so much junk left behind I kind of put it on the bottom of my list. Today, junk, broken bottles, and misc crap everywhere, we headed in. Mapper65 had 5 coins and a couple of old dated dog tags, 2 were wheats, 2 were memorials, one too thin to identify, definitely no easy targets. Mom had a nice dated dog tag too. After about an hour I got a silver hit, not very strong, but in certain directions it sounded good. My find turned out to be a 1943 standing liberty half... standing up perfectly on edge! I'll have to scan it again to see what the real ID was, I was too excited to even remember. I must have hit it just right, being on edge like that could cause it to be easily missed.

Mapper and Mom each have previously found halves, I finally got mine today ...finally after 41 years!

Congratulations on the Walker! :clapping:
Finding halves is always a thrill, and finding your first is something that you don't forget.

A BIG CONGRATULATIONS...after 41 years,it was yours to find!!!!
took me 7 years to find mine...a 74 Kennedy:cry:

Cngratulations. I would have hollered so loud all of yall would have herad me.

Nice old silver, congrats HotRod :clapping:

Congrats on breaking through that 41-year silver half drought! I can see why you were excited. But be honest now..... were you more excited to see it in the hole..... or to show it to Mapper65 and your Mom? Either way, nicely done.

HH Randy

Digger, quite honestly it was seeing that big chunk of silver in the hole. We don't compete between each other and we are always happy for the finder, whichever of the 3 of us that it is. We have this funny thing that if 1 finds a ring, another will find one at the same site right after that, especially between Mapper65 and Mom.

BTW .... the TID was a strong 42 when I air tested it.

Nice find! But I predict three more silver halves in the very near future. :super:

BTW: I just saw that this post has been in my outbox several days. I had to manually push it through to get it to post.