Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

One man’s trash back in the hole is another man’s treasure

Ugly-J

My brother came down from Idaho for the holiday and some metal detecting. We spent 3 days hunting the beaches of the central coast of California, which was very productive. We stopped in at San Simeon beach for a short hunt. The beach was sanded and had some rock mounds north of the pier. My brother hunts with a twenty year old sovereign, and my son had to remind of that while we were at the beach. The old school sovereign dominated my excal II at the beach, so he ended up with all the cool finds. One of his cool finds was put back in the hole by a novice hunter and covered it back up. At the beach it looked like a copper disc, so we didn’t pay too much attention to at that time. When we cleaned it up at the hotel we discovered the treasure “Brewster hotel tag” of some sort. Horace I. Brewster was a very prominent person in San Diego, so why was it at the beach below Hearst Castle? The next cool find is an old brass jeweler’s loop also found at the San Simeon beach. In all we found tons of junk, pounds of clad, S/S ring, T/C ring and some silver jewelry.

Enjoy the pics and good luck to all this year

Nice find on the Brewster tag. Wife and I hit the Atlantic City beaches for one or two weekends a year and on most trips over the last few years have found some sort of interesting old trinket.

Hope you get a chance to hit that beach again before too long!
Cheers,
tvr