Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

One of those elusive key date

Hard Nosed Dave

Aussie pennies, a 1930, is probably still buried out there.....somewhere along with a gold sovereign or 2....maybe.

I hunted one of my usual sites for a couple of hours last Sunday and Sunday yesterday with the SE to see if I could find them.

Right era and style of coins(The Aussie ones that is)....wrong dates.

As you might see there are also English coins here.

The 1911 penny in the first pic(left hand side) was about 12 inches down. All the others were at least 10 inches.

Also found a dozen bird id bands(aluminium rings basically). Running the Explorer SE in an IRONMASK SCREEN All Metal.

I really had fun and enjoyed looking for them. It's always a challenge as you either need to battle the flies , the mosquitoes, wasps and bees and our spring time is starting and there are a few deadly snakes around like the dugite and the tiger snakes( I saw three yesterday) not to mention those centipede and sneaky scorpions. This site has dense knee high grass.

This is a really extensive site and the E-trac will be the next detector I use to search it.

That must be a fairly old site there Dave. I have dug any English coins ....yet, but hope to sometime.
Something that I found out a couple of days back. The flies here in Oz, are a lot more populous than anywhere else in the world. Little wonder, they call it the great Aussie salute.
Mick Evans.
P.S. The source, was my mother in law. She has travelled to most parts of the world now and the father in law is planning another trip again in the not to distant future.
Some folk have a hard life! (Not!):lol: