Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

One way signal

Frank L

John, on your initial pass over a target, you get a signal but on the return pass you do not. How do you interpret this and do you dig it?

Frank L

It could be a good target beside a junk target. I always dig weird sounding signals. Sometimes you get a good target. It costs you nothing to dig iffy signals, and you wont have to second guess yourself.

If the mineralization in the ground has a sharp increase right there, the detector can read it as a good target. Try sweeping it from a different angle. Or use less discrimination to see if it is iron. Last resort you can always dig it to see what it is.

Most one way high tones for me seem to be from nearby iron. If, however, I get a high tone one way and a mid tone the other, I will dig them. This is where a lot of my wheat cents come from, mixed tones. Particularly, if there is a little depth to them or they are slanted or on edge. One of those kind of signals turned out to be a big 10k class ring a while back. HH jim tn

Just wanted to say that I appreciated the replies to this fellows inquiry. I am still refining my skills with this machine, and replies from more able users help my learning curve also. Thanks guys.

Hi, I agree with you. I Dig all "rare" signals usually are things iron with a size a little big, like horseshoes for cows, but other times have been some rich thing, I remember a very old wedding band in silver and very rusty on another occasion one coin fleece with almost 600 years and something else ... more
With practice the use of this detector is becoming easier anger yet complete, the same machine will show its secrets, but you have to dig
Senda