Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

One way signals on CMGT

KennyD

I've only had my new CMaster GT for a week or so, but I'm starting to notice that
one way signals are usually good targets. I've always thought that coins will usually have a good 2 way response...
Are one way signals normally good or bad on Whites machines?

One way signals can be many thing.. iron or other target you have discriminated out next to what you are seeing in the one way signal. Can also be a coin on end. If you have iron or other low conductor discriminated out, and get a good oneway signal, jump over to all metal and rescan you will probably see other targets right next to the good one.
I have been cherry picking dimes and quarters as the ground is to dry to dig. Many one way signals end up being either standing coins or bottle caps. Caps will bounce iron, bottle cap, quarter, 50c with upper vdi of 84-88 then a 94 or 95. All I would see is 84 on a oneway and maybe the 95, drop to All Metal and you see all the numbers.. If the target is shallow the 9" stock coil will not have a lot of separation in trashy area and you can get silent masking in one swing direction. Rotate 90 degrees and recheck, you my then get a 2 way signal. Most often I find one way 80 and higher signals, especially at the end of the swing are halo signals from iron or I am tilting the coil when starting the return swing.
Read these articles, they really helped me understand what was going on.
Halo Effect
This one is long, read it in multiple sittings and again after a couple of days or a week
Search coils, masking and other great info

That makes perfect sense airscapes, thanks for the very informative post.
I'm just loving my GT, and getting great advice like yours helps me alot.

As a general rule if you get a one way signal its best to turn 90 degrees and see what signal you get that time,sometimes a coin or what could be on edge that type of thing.If i get a one way signal on the second attempt then i would usually class that as a rubbish signal and leave it.But if the 2nd signal is a solid 2 way signal then i will dig it.

As the old saying goes,if in doubt dig it out :thumbup: