Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

One wonders..

Dan-Pa.

We all know or should know that old crusty wheatie will come in the silver coins range....any ideas how one can tell silver or crusty wheatie or at least cut down he odds...
Any opinions from you oldtimers as I can't be sure even after all these years...

I have no idea Dan. But then again....I don’t care. Wheatie...yes. Zincs.....NO!!
It’s amazing to me that cz technology can still stand with new detectors. Some that cost a lot more. It was way ahead of its time IMHO. It is the best bet out there for guys who don’t want to sink a bunch h of $$$$ into a detector when they don’t get out much anymore. Like us old geezers. HH. Bob

Dan I have a CTX that works the same way.

Our older Canadian pennies sounds just like silver, so I dig them all just to make sure.

On the plus side we stopped producing pennies back in 2012, so there can't be but a zillion or so left to dig up? :lol:

With a properly calibrated cz-3d in salt mode, crusty old wheaties (and Indians) will often hit or at least bounce in the zinc window. US silver coins won't.

In enhanced mode, there's no way to discriminate. All the above will hit in the highest window.