Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Only one post on this whole page depicting finds........

Crispy Critter

What's up with that? :shrug:

At least there's one person using their Sov/exc. :detecting:

n/t

erikk
Don't post finds

think this is for detector info,there are other forums for finds beach,MT so on.N/T
Posted by: Bling [ Send a Message ]
Date: 4 hours ago

No time for that. Speculation and complaining come first.N/T
Posted by: Art (NWOH) [ Send a Message ]
Date: 2 hours ago

Ahh....I see. Thanks for the info guys. I guess keep an eye out for my Sovereign finds on the "Metal Detecting Forum"

Hope it all gets worked out!

HH, Crispy

I hunt wooded areas 90% of the time so summer months are slow for land finds for me. Here are some earlier ghost town and logging camp finds and my last beach hunt finds along with a video hunting on a local beach with the GT with more finds at the end of the video from the same beach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wpk2zPaEBWE

Unless something has changed and I am not aware of this forum has always been for showing finds as to what the Sovereign and Excalibur's are capable of, helping others with questions and answers to help with the learning curve. What it is not is a forum for mods as there is a forum just for that.
I know for the last year or so there has been less info on actual hunting and more on testing different settings at home trying to make it work better in test gardens and air test and not in actual hunting conditions which the Sovereigns are made for.
Myself I would be posting finds, but my health has stop me for detecting much anymore. Still like to hit those sites where others say is worked out just to show what the Sovereigns are capable of once understood and learned.
I sure would like to see more actual finds from actual hunts, so instead of doing different testing at home of pre buried targets and air testing lets see more actual finds and testing on actual targets which is what the Sovereigns are designed for.

Good luck on your hunts.

Rick

Crazyman, those are some fantastic finds! Thanks for sharing them :thumbup:

I know that people normally do or used to post finds here but, like Art said, lately, there seems to be more time devoted to speculation and complaining. I was hoping that my post, would get more people to show what I know these machines are capable of and that is, making great finds. :detecting:

HH, Crispy

Rick(ND) said:
Unless something has changed and I am not aware of this forum has always been for showing finds as to what the Sovereign and Excalibur's are capable of, helping others with questions and answers to help with the learning curve. What it is not is a forum for mods as there is a forum just for that.
I know for the last year or so there has been less info on actual hunting and more on testing different settings at home trying to make it work better in test gardens and air test and not in actual hunting conditions which the Sovereigns are made for.
Myself I would be posting finds, but my health has stop me for detecting much anymore. Still like to hit those sites where others say is worked out just to show what the Sovereigns are capable of once understood and learned.
I sure would like to see more actual finds from actual hunts, so instead of doing different testing at home of pre buried targets and air testing lets see more actual finds and testing on actual targets which is what the Sovereigns are designed for.

Good luck on your hunts.

Rick

Well said Rick!

I personally like to do all my testing in the field when I'm hunting but see nothing wrong with people getting to know their machine as far as the different tones, meter readings and sensitivity settings using test gardens or even air testing as long as they know that the results will vary in the field. What I find more interesting about this forum is the mindset of some people here that it's my way or the highway on how the Sovereign should be set up or what available features should be used.

Nice finds, in particular the seated. Pulling coins like that from the beach is really amazing.

I'd post more of mine but I've got a junky digital camera that won't zoom in close. As for what I'm sure have been a few pointed remarks directed my way in terms of testing goes, I'd have to ask why anybody would have any problem with that. By my way of thinking there is not enough traffic on this forum in any respect, whether that be testing, finds, field reports, and so on. That's me though, 'cuz I'm the kind of person who likes to get my hands on anything related to this field to read up on. I'll be the last person to advocate that I want to see less, even if I don't agree with some body's theory or opinion. It's easy enough to hit the scroll bar when there is something I don't think is interesting to me, and I'm not going to complain (speaking about complaining) that the topic isn't what I find to be of interest. Even if I've come to my own conclusions I still like to read differing theories or findings to see if they can change my mind or how theirs contrast to my own on a particular subject. I'd love to see people post more finds, but I don't see how posting less of something else is going to change that.

What I have noticed is that there are quite a few Sovereign owners who PM me privately that I've never seen post in this forum. When I ask them about that or suggest that they should post the great testing or other theories they have in the forum so everybody can read it, more than a few times I get the standard response..."I learned my lesson a few years back when so-and-so jumped down my throat", or "I don't like getting into arguments with people". My attitude is who cares what other people think. Let them flame you or disagree, it's just a hobby.

But, more so than anything I think the major reason why you don't see many posts is because Sovereign owners tend to be low profile type of people. I also think that's what attracted them to this machine. It doesn't look flashy or like something you'd buy to brag about. The type of people who want to show off their new toy usually end up buying a detector that looks the part, not something that looks like it's using 80's technology. Little do they know just how advanced this machine is compared to anything else on the market when it comes to performance. Sovereign owners probably don't get fooled by bells and whistles and are down to earth about pure performance without a lot of flash and dash.

I'm serious about this. Having ran in circles with owners of just about every other machine on the market those people seemed to be much more out going and opinionated about their machines and comparisons to others.I'd say the only other crowd that I could probably label as being "different" (but in a good way) would be Tesoro owners, but that's a whole other subject. Any other brand user doesn't seem as shy about showing off their finds or voicing their opinion on how machines stack up.

That's also partly why the finds posted isn't as much as it is on other forums. People who have really learned this machine know what it can do and don't mind it being kept a secret. Why show people what you can do at sites where they missed a lot of good finds with more expensive machines. "Let them spend the money, I'll do what works" is the feeling some have.

Since I can't go back and add or edit a few things to make them more "tactful" (darn time limit on this site), let me just emphasize one thing a little more because I feel it's important enough to do so...

It's a real shame that so many people are hiding in the wood work and are unwilling to post public messages on their opinions, views, findings, or testing they've done when it comes to the Sovereign. I really do mean that. You have no idea how much really good reading material I've had PM'd to me from people who I never see post in this forum. People who have done head to heads with various machines compared to the Sovereign by way of a coin garden or other testing. Even straight forward and more meaningful (to some) field comparisons where they hunted a site with another machine first and then became believers when they saw how much was left behind that the Sovereign found.

Then there are the coil comparisons (some really good 12x10 PMs over the past year), homemade meters, even guys building their own coils. Not all of this stuff has been discussed with me in private, but you have to wonder why they never posted things like this in public. I myself got my head bit off for wanting to show people how to build their own version of a certain meter and save money in the process. I'd love to hear the "How To" from a few guys who have built a few custom coils for Sovereign. Ever wonder why you don't see much in the way of people going out on a limb like that? They do in other forums for other machines.

Right off the top of my head I can think of at least 3 or 4 PMs from people who "moved up" to an Explorer or Etrac and through testing and field use ended up going back to the Sovereign. Sure, there are some who did the exact reverse probably, but it shows that the potential exists for either to happen. The depth and performance of all three of these machines is so close that it comes down to the user and how he wants a machine to respond for him. That alone can make the difference, along with something as simple as coils. I think it's sad that those conversations have mostly taken place in PMs with people. Only a few brave souls have been willing to say something in public. People are getting cheated out of information to base their decisions on because of things like this.

Here's another...I remember hearing many people in the past say the Sovereign was hotter on copper pennies and the Explorer was hotter on silver dimes. Since they both have the same frequencies in those ranges that count when it comes to good sensitivity to copper or silver, I always scratched my head on that one. Then I realized that most of these people were using older Sovereigns and usually the 8" coil they came with mostly back then. The GT is s a step up in depth and sensitivity from what most say, and I've noticed my 15x12 SEF coil seems to be "hotter" on silver quarters while the 10" is hotter on dimes. This is just one little nugget I've found to be of interest to me that I don't see anybody willing to discuss, at least in public.

Point being there is plenty in the way of interesting views and opinions to compare mine to, but I'm finding that much of that interesting conservations is taking place behind closed doors where people don't have to worry about stepping on any toes. I'll never insult somebody over opinion, because I'm just glad they feel comfortable enough to share it with me. Even if I don't agree, it's very interesting to consider and weighs the pros and cons on.

I'd even go so far to say that some of these people are down right timid about making any kind of public statement. That's a real shame. It's worth stating again- It's a crime that some of this material isn't being posted. Whether that's due more to the nature of Sovereign owners liking to keep a low profile, more because of the way they've seen others or themselves be treated in the past, or whether it's due to a combination of both things...Complaining about what should and shouldn't be posted isn't going to help matters. If anything, we should all be doing our best to get more people to post ANYTHING. Period. You don't have to even agree with them. Just be civil enough so that they'll feel comfortable to post their opinions and views.

erikk said:
Feel better? some of many many more

Alot better. I knew you were holding out. Thanks erikk for giving a glimpse of the fruits of your labor.

My guess was that alot of the Sovereign people had switched to the Explorer/E-Trac machines as I did. Had to sell my second Sovereign GT, E-Trac and Excalibur a couple of years ago. I've got another Sovereign GT in the works right now. Should be receiving my new Infinium on Monday. I was going to go with another E-Trac but after thinking about it for awhile, decided that the better decision would be to go back to the Sovereign and maybe take advantage of the new SEF coils that are available for it. I did find some good finds with the E-Trac but not enough IMHO to warrant the extra expense and the Sovereign always found me plenty of stuff. Plus, the savings allowed me to purchase the Infinium. There's alot of Excalibur users here and I'm hoping the Infinium will give me an edge on finding some Florida, beach gold and relics.

Thanks crazyman and critterhunter. You've both made alot of valid points. Alot of food for thought here.

HH, crispy critter

Hey Mr. Crispy, I too would like to see more find's with the Sov. I hinted at it a few week's ago but it seem's more people are interested in theories and experiment's. I'd like to see both. I posted a few find's last fall but haven't been out much this summer. been fishing a-lot. But when I do make my next find I will certainly share it. I agree that comparison's, experiment's, and and another point of view is a healthy thing but an occasional picture of a cool old treasure would be nice just to verify that your theory work's. After all who doesn't get excited looking at an old dirty coin. It get's the blood flowing again and makes you wanna get out again.
Good hunting,Gary

gear box said:
Hey Mr. Crispy, I too would like to see more find's with the Sov. I hinted at it a few week's ago but it seem's more people are interested in theories and experiment's. I'd like to see both. I posted a few find's last fall but haven't been out much this summer. been fishing a-lot. But when I do make my next find I will certainly share it. I agree that comparison's, experiment's, and and another point of view is a healthy thing but an occasional picture of a cool old treasure would be nice just to verify that your theory work's. After all who doesn't get excited looking at an old dirty coin. It get's the blood flowing again and makes you wanna get out again.
Good hunting,Gary

I agree Gary. I'm sure that once everyone gets their machines set up and performing as they want them to, we will be seeing some great finds. My original post was meant just to get everyone thinking about it.

HH, Crispy

Hi Rick
Didn't hunt much when i was in your state this summer. Only found a half dozen wheats, a 56d
dime, and a 1935s quarter. Will cross over the border in SD in the morning, may try a little bit
down there.
No pic's taken.

Hi again Rick, before I left your state this morning, I thought I would give it one more
try. So about a half hour ago amongst the normal clad I found this 1907o half dollar.
Hate to leave all the good stuff in the ground for you locals.[attachment 169394 P1000708.JPG]

You find one great find just before you have to leave so you hate to leave. Mine seem to be when I go out with someone we hit a hot spot about 15 minutes before I have to leave and they get to work it while I am not there.
I am glad to see you get that half and i am sure you will want to come back as soon as you can to our great state.

Keep in touch and hope my knees get better so i can detect with you next time you come up here to ND, it would be a lot of fun.

Rick