Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Open Detectorist Dug Holes In The Park

flinthunter

Star and I were detecting in Bradley Park in Peoria Sunday. In one area we found quite a few open holes left by some metal detectorist. At a few we were able to replace the plug and stomp it down but I think the grass in the plugs had already died so it will leave a brown area in the lawn for several months. Some of the other holes could not be filled as the dirt was scattered over quite a distance. Some of the holes are quite large. While we were there a man in a park police vehicle hollered at us and said to make sure we filled our holes back in. He was not real friendly. That is not a good sign. I know that none of the folks in the club would leave open holes but it would help if anyone seeing someone doing this might politely suggest the proper way to retrieve a target. Daryl

This has ALWAYS been a thorn in my side. We as club members look out for other detectorists who does such things or even leave their trash. :veryangry: Thanks Daryl for the heads up and your efforts. HH, Nancy