Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Open holes don't stop Racer 2 in iron! :detecting:

DigFella

I worked another colonial cellar hole that was full of recent open holes everywhere :ranting: Obviously the idiots were not very good detectorists....or at least didn't have a unit as "fast" as the Racer 2 with a small coil :thumbup:
Enjoy :)
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Wdkp2RTawU[/video]

reasonably free of holes and mess from former searchers, but we do, from time-to-time, come across some that have been dug and left looking quite disturbed. For decades, however, I have encountered many 'disturbed' locations when the detectors and coils used, and quite possibly the lack of search skill might have caused quite a disturbance with the terrain, but didn't seem to wake many old artifacts from their long sleep.

Working the old ghost town cellar and home site structure and debris areas has been rewarding me quite well ... when I have FORS or Racer series model in-hand. I'm just catching up on Forum activity as I have been on the rad for several days with a CSI Training seminar in Utah and now getting ready for our 3rd day of a 4-day metal detecting outing. Most of the places are old railroad towns or some associated with railroad or mining activity, and they have more than enough rusty tin, nails, and non-ferrous trash in and around cellar holes and other areas to challenge any detector out there.

Fortunately, those with a FOLES CoRe [size=small](2)[/size], Relic [size=small](2)[/size], Racer [size=small](2)[/size], or Racer 2 [size=small](7+)[/size] have been handling the dense trash around cellar holes and other parts of these sites quite well. One Racer 2 user, by far, took the most notable finds yesterday [size=small](5 good older coins and smaller artifacts)[/size] and has set a goal for others to try an match today, and our last hunting day tomorrow. Our only unplanned 'guest' is a chilly, very windy and wet storm that pretty much messed things up for several yesterday trying to reach some of the locations, and the wet dirt on the sides of some old holes is pretty slippery as well as mud-caking gooey.

Very quick response and equally fast recovery of the FORS and Racer series models is what has drawn the attention of these avid detectorists to handle the dense and good-target masking junk we encounter. Best of success to you as you continue your hunts in the far North East USA.

Monte

I've hunted some ghost towns out in the great state of WA., and though they are not nearly Colonial, they offer the same great challenge........having to pick through loads of nails & iron. Everybody here as the old plat maps & finding a virgin cellar hole is very rare these days. So, I'm enjoying the heck out of re-visiting some of the "hunted out" places with the Racers small coils. Even a few flat buttons are very rewarding at places the local competition have long since written off for greener pastures :)

Nice Sella hole hunt with R2. Amazing what the other detectorists left behind. When I hear a place has been hunted out, I pay no attention and just agree with the person(s). I pretend to give them the satisfaction that they "cleaned it out". Why? Then I know they won't be coming back and will afford me more quality time to locate what they missed. Good video Bill and thanks for taking me on the hunt.