Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Opinion of the White's MX7 After A Long Vacation Week Of Hunting

Bill G

I decided to down size my detector collection after buying a new house with less storage area than my old one. Downsizing getting ready to retire in a few more years.

I just traded my White's M-6 as well as a couple of Tesoro units for a New White's MX7 with all the coil options along with a new set of Pro Star headphones. I also sold my Garrett AT Pro a few months back. Now I have just one inland detector and one White's TDI Beach Hunter PI for salt water beach hunting.

MX7 performance in the field.

I took the detector to an old Ghost Town area from the mid to late 1800 in the mountains. I also took it to a big camp site area in the mountains next to a man made lake built in 1953. The Ghost Town area was high in man made iron trash and the lake camping area has a lot of hot rocks. Both of these areas are highly mineralized reading 79 to 84 after balancing.

The MX7 has an awsome and smooth threshold the reject volume feature is really cool and proved to be a valuable tool. The detector ground balanced quick and easy and handled the iron trash as well as any detector I have used and a lot better than a few of them.

It found several buttons and small rivets at the length of my digger 7" to 8" with ease useing the smaller 6" concentric as well as the Deteck 7" DD that White's sells for it. The DD really shined in the minralized ground.

The MX7 handled the hot rocks at the lake area nicely to. A little less gain in this area smoothed things out and to my surprise the depth remained very good. I found a fair amount of clad quarters,dimes, copper pennies, zinks and a 1944 wheat.

The MX7 gets really good depth and it performed exceptionally well better than many high end units I have run in these same areas. I hate to say it but the MX7 hunted circles around my AT Pro in the same areas.

I was super impressed with the White's MX7 and I think this detector is a real sleeper. I really think after comparing it to the many other top end units I have had and used over the years that it will hunt with the best of the detectors out there to date.

The MX7 is IP54 dust and water resistant so it can be soaked pretty good but not taken under water like the MX Sport. For my needs that is way more than enough.

All The Best To Everyone,
Bill G

Yes sir and I agree 100% with the posting you have done/posted on the MX7. The MX7 is really one of my favorite all time White's detectors and as said it is a real sleeper with top notch performance. I have owned the XL Pro still have and love but it has been retired. I also have owned the XLT, DFX, MXT and the M6. All of these White's detectors were great performers in there own right.

White's is and has been a great company over the years and supports there customers.

All The Best,
Bill G

A nice write-up, BillGI used home-built Metal / Mineral Locators from march of '65 until I got my first factory-produced detector in-hand, and that was a White's Ghost Towner BFO in the summer of '68. Through the years I have owned and used many other makes and models, and my present Detector Outfit relies on several of those favorites detectors .... but for over 50 Years now, I have definitely singled out personal favorite models from White's. While some of them were the older 'blue box' models, the better offerings are the following black-box offerings:

5900 Di Pro [size=small](The only 'big' black box model I cared for in the final 'CB' version.)[/size]
XLT
6000 Pro XL [size=small](And the unchanged but re-named XL Pro.)[/size]
Classic III SL [size=small](Preferably with what is called the 'Mr. Bill' modifications to add an external Threshold and Ground Balance control.)[/size]
Classic ID [size=small](Preferably with what is called the 'Mr. Bill' modifications to add an external Threshold and Ground Balance control.)[/size]
IDX Pro [size=small](Preferably with what is called the 'Mr. Bill' modifications to add an external Threshold and Ground Balance control.)[/size]
MXT Pro [size=small](And the unchanged but 'All' stickered MXT All-Pro.)[/size]
MX-5

AND, out of everything they offer today, my absolute favorite is the excellent MX-7.:thumbup: There is no such thing as a 'perfect' detector, but White's blended the MX Sport circuitry with a well designed package, making sure to incorporate a headphone jack at the rear of the detector on the end of the battery box to bring us a well-balanced, comfortable, land-based detector with an ample array of adjustment function and not a lot of fluff. To me, it IS the 'BEST' they are offering today.

I'm with you 100% on how impressive the MX-7 is. :beers:

I wish you the best of success in the coming year, knowing you have a top contender in your grasp.

Monte

Monte said:
A nice write-up, BillGI used home-built Metal / Mineral Locators from march of '65 until I got my first factory-produced detector in-hand, and that was a White's Ghost Towner BFO in the summer of '68. Through the years I have owned and used many other makes and models, and my present Detector Outfit relies on several of those favorites detectors .... but for over 50 Years now, I have definitely singled out personal favorite models from White's. While some of them were the older 'blue box' models, the better offerings are the following black-box offerings:

5900 Di Pro (The only 'big' black box model I cared for in the final 'CB' version.)
XLT
6000 Pro XL (And the unchanged but re-named XL Pro.)
Classic III SL (Preferably with what is called the 'Mr. Bill' modifications to add an external Threshold and Ground Balance control.)
Classic ID (Preferably with what is called the 'Mr. Bill' modifications to add an external Threshold and Ground Balance control.)
IDX Pro (Preferably with what is called the 'Mr. Bill' modifications to add an external Threshold and Ground Balance control.)
MXT Pro (And the unchanged but 'All' stickered MXT All-Pro.)
MX-5

AND, out of everything they offer today, my absolute favorite is the excellent MX-7.:thumbup: There is no such thing as a 'perfect' detector, but White's blended the MX Sport circuitry with a well designed package, making sure to incorporate a headphone jack at the rear of the detector on the end of the battery box to bring us a well-balanced, comfortable, land-based detector with an ample array of adjustment function and not a lot of fluff. To me, it IS the 'BEST' they are offering today.

I'm with you 100% on how impressive the MX-7 is. :beers:

I wish you the best of success in the coming year, knowing you have a top contender in your grasp.

Monte

Thanks Monte,

I love a few of the White's detectors on your list to. You said it right about the MX Sport circuitry and your description of the MX7 is spot on.

Monte you have a blessed day and some happy hunting to ya..

All The Best,
Bill G

Nice write up. I might have to get a DD coil for it. My GB numbers are just the same as yours and will sometime exceed 80. I've been running concentric coils on it exclusively up to this point but I wonder if I might gain more depth or more stability with the small Detech 7 inch compared to the six shooter.

I like the fact that they made it weather proof BUT they should have made the back end higher. In the snow the headphone jack gets snow inside which can't be good. Even in tall dew covered grass it can be an issue. I've fixed this myself but it shouldn't sit on the ground like that.

It is a great machine despite a few oddities. Like Monte said, not perfect but a few of its features really surprised me. I'm looking forward to using it again next weekend. It might be the last time I get to take it out. I can barely get the shovel in the ground at this time of year.

Mike,

I sent you a PM I have the fix for the things you were talking about and it worked great on my MX7 and it looks great.

All The Best,
Bill G