Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Opinion stubble false blips

daddyflea

What is your opinion to cut down on false blips caused by stubble. Cut down sensativity or Disc Sensitivity?

I have found that open/spider type coils can get caught/hung/bumped on the stubble that can cause the falsing. You might try the closed 9.5" coil and also lower the sensitivity...good luck and HH!

bradwheat777 said:
I have found that open/spider type coils can get caught/hung/bumped on the stubble that can cause the falsing. You might try the closed 9.5" coil and also lower the sensitivity...good luck and HH!

Yep the Stubble is bad but which is best lowering regular sensativity or Dicr Sensativity on the V3i?

950 will fix it..

I have the same set up as you (V3I and sunray) and the same problem with stubble. I found adjusting the Disc Sensitivity down helped some . I took the sunray off and that help some too.
I don't think detectors are really made for the shock of whacking into things even softly . I switched to using the 6 X 10 and that helped the most regarding getting stuck around stubble and the like. I haven't tried a concentric coil but a solid coil does work better for me than an open one in stubble. Mashing down on the stubble might cause ground balance related falses as well
My Etrac has similar issues when bumping/mashing around. It does seem taking care to hold the coil level parallel as possible to the ground helps as well. (try a slower swing speed).
I have considered making a cordless weed whacker for my other arm out of a old metal detector to cure the problem at the source.
Between the headphones,harness, belt, bag, detector and probe and then add a weed wacker and a pair of bug eyed sunglasses. With the beeping and the whacking, flailing both arms around I would most likely look like a old man creature from a mad max movie. People would move away, probably way away. That might be a plus,
But more seriously I am going to try tightening up everything from one end of the detector to the other both mechanically and electrically to remove what interference I can from shock due to bumping things as a " next. project".
If you can't tell, It has been raining for days...
Happy hunting

Same problem here "It has been raining for Days." It was dark here today at 4:30 PM no time at all after work. So I have been going stir crazy. Going to try the 6X10 in my Favorite spot as soon as I can. Hopefully the grass will start falling over. Those false blips are not that much of a problem until you start hunting large places then just a few double checks hold you back seriously.