Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Opinions from those of you that have had both the R1 and R2.... concerning depth.

bugg

Have you noticed a difference in detection depth between the 2 models? I have heard some say the R1 is a bit deeper> Truth or ????
I am considering adding an R2 to the tool box, as I already have the coils with the R1.

Thanks for your input.

I don't feel there's any depth difference in two or three tone. I do feel the R2 is deeper using the Deep Mode but it must be swung very slowly to get the added depth of a inch or so.

is using comparable settings [size=small](not the same, just comparable)[/size] in the 2-Tone and 3-Tone modes. Both the Racer and Racer 2 can achieve some b=very impressive depths on coin-size targets. I compared both models side-by-side in a number of different ground environments and the main depth difference was achieved in the Racer 2's 'DEEP' mode. This was also more noticeable in higher mineralized ground conditions, too.

All that said, 'depth' isn't one of the main reasons I like my Racer 2 and other Primary-Use detectors in my arsenal. Instead, it is their ability to work well in all hunting applications, and they do a tremendous job of unmasking targets that are easily hidden from detection by adjacent iron debris, AND get decent depth in low-to-modest trash areas where there is less making junk.

Monte

The R2 is defo deeper in deep mode, if you want more depth the nel tornado works very well and helps the TID.
If the R2 shows 3-4 bars mineralisation it will suffer for depth big time, mine couldn't hit on a large copper coin at 9" with stock coil, my other detector got it with it's 5" coil.

I have both models and though I have never done a test/comparison of them side by side I think the big difference is in the target separation. The Racer 2 also seems to be less quirky/ chatter than the Red Racer - You can drop the sensitivity/gain on the red racer to eliminate the chatter and seem to loose little depth. I tried both of them on the beach for the first time this weekend and though I have never beach hunted it did not take long to dial either of them in to where there was little falsing or chatter and both found some modern coins. The deepest quarter I found was only about 4 inches in the sand but it was a solid repeating signal and showed up at 87 on the Racer 2 which is about where most modern quarters show up in other soils. My dad used my Red Racer and though he had never swung a machine in his life he found a quarter as well in about 30 minutes of hunting and often when I looked he was swinging 3 or 4 inches above the sand. So if a novice can find a target in 30 minutes in what most people consider one of the worst type soils to hunt in I think it proves these machines are great for novice hunters or even better for those that have learned to listen to tones and read the numbers and make educated guesses on targets.

bugg said:
Have you noticed a difference in detection depth between the 2 models? I have heard some say the R1 is a bit deeper> Truth or ????
I am considering adding an R2 to the tool box, as I already have the coils with the R1.

Thanks for your input.

I've owned both and to be honest, I notice no Increase in depth with the Racer 2.....BOTH Racers are VERY VERY deep machines.......whop the butt of the AT Pro and T2 etc.

RACER 1 & 2 = VERY underated!!

If anyone had said to me 12 months ago that i'd end up buying a metal detector that i've never heard of, it's called Makro and it's made in Turkey, I would have laughed my arse off......but OMG......Getting the Racer is 100% best decision ever!!

I love it!

Matt

staffydog33 said:
I've owned both and to be honest, I notice no Increase in depth with the Racer 2.....BOTH Racers are VERY VERY deep machines.......whop the butt of the AT Pro and T2 etc.

RACER 1 & 2 = VERY underated!!

If anyone had said to me 12 months ago that i'd end up buying a metal detector that i've never heard of, it's called Makro and it's made in Turkey, I would have laughed my arse off......but OMG......Getting the Racer is 100% best decision ever!!

I love it!

Matt
Nice summary, and I would get a similar reply from folks, in calls or e-mails, after I started boasting about the performance of the CoRe then Racer, then this year the Racer 2 and Relic. Today I hear more comments similar you yours. :thumbup: Absolutely excellent quality, design, and definitely performance afield!

Monte

In good ground with little resistance the R2 gets good depth and with it's features and low price it's very good value.
In poor ground eg 3-4bars on the R2 it is a below par, very very average detector for depth and there's better detectors out there for depth in this type of ground.
But many folk don't necessarily want or need to dig 10" + deep coins, where i hunt I'm looking for very small thin, almost foil thin silver coins that have been in the ground for a long time, my most recent 'good' coin find was 700 years old, and in ancient old mineralised pastures you just don't find these at 5" or 6" so the R2 for me was a massive flop!