Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Opinions on original Bandido..

I used one for years and liked it. It still is a good detector but can be modified to be a real killer.

Years ago, people used to "supertune" the Tesoro's when in the disc mode by turning the threshold to max and then adjusting the ground balance (GB) such that if you were in the all metal mode, the audio would decrease when you lowered the coil. This combination would add an inch or two to the depth.

I modified my unit so I didn't have to adjust the GB plus did something else and that was to modify the pc board so the disc channel was gated on by a few mv's. This added even more depth. I did this gating on mod to an old Lobo and made it a super discriminator when looking for small gold.

Reg

Hi, Reg.

I still have my original Bandido as well as the original El Dorado. If I have a chance to get to Arizona would I be wasting my time trying going nugget hunting with them.

Remember driving across northern New Mexico in a blizzard?

...It is one of the few detectors that will work inside an old trash dump....most of the others will null out!!

HI Roger,

I would recommend a newer detector if you go. Call me if you decide to head to AZ. I have plenty of detectors to chose from and will loan you one or two so give me a call or email me. My email address is easy to find, just click on my name on my post and the adddress will show in my profile.

Yes, I remember that trip. It was ijn 87 so it is somewhat fuzzy, but I remember the snow was blowing so bad I had to watch for posts along the highway to keep on the road. When I got to Las Vegas NM I found out the road had been closed, which explained I never saw another car for miles.

That was my first trip to look for gold in AZ. Ended up with one small 3 grain nugget. The cholla's there made me realize why so many people carried combs and why wearing tennis shoes wasn't a good idea.

Reg