Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Opinions on the Gold Hog Highbanker needed.

JohnApthorp

Hi,
I'm thinking of purchasing the Gold Hog Highbanker - dredge unit.
Has anyone had anything to do with these units & if so, what are your thoughts on the them?
The videos on Youtube look impressive but people who have actually used a unit can offer more valuable info before I spend $1800 plus on one. (Delivered price to me at my location)

Thanks,
JA.

I love the Gold hog matting, it works great for me and I have it in all of my equipment... I have not used either of the Gold hog high bankers (they are a little small for my application), but I can see where their design would be a good choice in certain circumstances..

At $1,800 bucks, I assume you are talking about their big unit.. And while I like the long sluice run in that design (better for clays and cemented gravels than standard highbankers), I am skeptical about its dredge design, specifically in lifting the dredge hose discharge up to 3 to 4 ft above the water level ... It may work with a good pump, but it is basic math that raising the water colum 3ft in the air before discharging it into the sluice, is less efficient than raising it a few inches (as purpose built dredges are set up) ...

Doc puts a lot of work I to to his designs, and I respect his comment to make sure he is selling good stuff... Also, Doc is a straight shooter, you could contact him directly , tell him your what and where you are working and wanting to do.. And he'll tell ya staight if his equipment is right for what your trying to do...

Also, I think he may be coming out with a new big-volume high banker... You can check their web site and their Facebook page to get the latests scoop ...

Hi JA, I think they work just like my 3" Keen highbanker combo, you can raise and lower the legs on it. I have not used there highbanker but i am going to get their mat for my highbanker. This spring a friend is going to buy one of Doc highbanker. I think it would be a good highbanker, it comes with Gold Hog mat in it. Good Luck Flintstone

A preclassified concentrator thats trying to be turned into a working unit?? I'll take my highbanker or sluicebox. Plastic don't survive in my world,process enough materials, and any anything that uses a pump is in dire trouble in kalif/oregon and coming soon to many other states. $1,800 hahahahahahahal-John

I am considering the GoldHog mini hibanker myself, need opinions? Not sure about the matting alone as Doc says there are several types and I have no idea what to get in that regards for my baby highbanker? But, I cannot possibly feed my unit as fast as he does his mini banker and still wash the clay and rocks down good!! On the other hand, I can throttle my Honda WX10 pump to half speed and still get great spray bar action while saving gas at 15 gpm versus Docs 50+ gpm. And my pump only weighs 15 pounds,less weight to carry .

-Tom V.

Hello. first time messaging in this board, but I hope my opinion helps.

Docs gold hog mini highbanker is a great unit. It will do just what he says it will do. I have not purchased one but I have built one to based on his design. and it works phenomenally.
I actually have 2 more mats than the gold hog mini due to my building a 12" extension for my feed box to sit on and a flare to fit as well. So my little set up is sexremely versitale.
I used the following mat set up UR UR in the 12" extension box. RB SC RB RB SC RB in the sluice box at all times. Keep the pitch steep. I set mine at 1-3/4" per foot AND CAN TELL YOU WITHOUT A DOUBT THAT MY RECOVERY RATE IS BETTER THAN 97.5% AND CATCH EVERYTHIMG DOWN TO -200 MESH. hope this helps.

IdahoGoldSeeker

i'm very curious on the gold hog mini excavator myself? I really like the gold hog matting for sure from the vids i'm a newbie but learning quick and like the design also!

no not no way never ever but for my buck I'd go Proline,Keene,Dahlke or Nugget for decent recovery and decent designs. Poprivet fabjobs NO-John

Hi IdahoGoldSeeker,

I'm new on the forum and was wondering if you had specifications on your home built "Docs gold hog mini highbanker". The post I'm referring to was back in July 24, 2013, but was hoping you might have the specs so I could build one. By the way, what part of Idaho are you in? I have family outside Blackfoot.

Thanks...Jeff