Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Opinions Please! E-Trac Harness Help!

(Pics Below)

So I have been having BIG problems with my back lately where it hurts the entire time that I hunt, no matter what machine I use, Swingy-Thingy or not. I have tried every trick in the book for making the pain stop.

I decided to go to the local HAM radio store and pick up some supplies today to shoulder-mount the E-Trac in hopes of easing the pain. I used my Deus s-rod, as it is so light and made the cable myself.

I could not find the "proper" cable to use for this project and ended up getting the stuff you see in the picture at a HAM radio shop. It has 6 wires inside, so there is one in there that is not being used.

I soldered all the connections and fired up the E-Trac and everything seems to be working fine.

Now, here is the question; Is it fine to use this kind of cable? I don't know what is in the stock cable for shielding etc. I don't know anything at all about what the "correct" wiring is for this kind of stuff.

I would appreciate any and all input/help. I hope this will do it, otherwise I will just order the "correct" wire online if someone can point me to the right place.

Thanks for the help!

HH -Marc

If you are not getting false signals and everything works like normal great job. If you do need a different cable, PM me and I will send you to the right guy. I have a very similar set-up as you it is the best thing I ever did. I can hunt all day now as compared to before the mod only a few hours tops then I would go to my Vaquero now I don't even bring it with me.
P.S. I still love my Vaquero it is getting dusty since I did this mod.
Happy hunting.

Thanks Jarid. I will send you a PM in a minute for more info.

If anyone else has input, I would greatly appreciate it!

-Marc

MHirschmann said:
Thanks Jarid. I will send you a PM in a minute for more info.

If anyone else has input, I would greatly appreciate it!

-Marc

Marc,
Just curious but was it that upper unit with the arm cuff from? I've never seen one like that and it seems to fit the upper shaft pretty well, can you post a close up on that? Im thinking about about a future mod and that may help. Thanks.

If its works ok , its ok, but remember Minelab use 5 pin connectors but only 4 pins is used, second thing you have to do connect your 6 free wire to connector case in both ends of your extention cable or use one ware outside from the etrac connector case to the coil connector case. In other way you will get falsing when touching connector where coil connects.
I did extension cable three years ago and never looked back. I use two separate coaxial musical cables, but they are very thick and I have to make my self custom connectors.
Good luck with experiment