Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

OPINIONS?

BarberBill

Does anyone have an opiinion or experience as to whether it would be worth trading a Prizm 6T with the 4X6, 8" and 9" coils for an MX5? I do have an MXT and a good selection of coils so those would be compatible with the MX5. Just wondering if the MX5, performance wise, would be a good move up? I sent a personal email to Monte with this question, but as he's never responded I thought I'd throw it out to the whole forum. Thanks in advance,
BB

Monte's go-to detector is the MX5. His favorite detector is the MXT Pro. He no longer has an MXT in his arsenal. So for the type of hunting he does, he favors the MX5 and the MXT Pro. If you're a relic hunter or a dry sand beach hunter there may be better choices.

An M6 would be a far better trade.
The MX5 has some issues and may or may not be much better then your 6T.
I bought one of the CMGT's when they first came out and it didn't take me long to figure it was not for me.
I went back to the MXT and M6 for all my jewelry hunting. They are tried and true detectors with no flaws.

The mx5 is basically a digital mxt or mxt pro without trac lock.. Very good detector.. Yes a great upgrade.. Any issues the mx5 had have all been resolved and fixed. Its lighter and better balanced .. Weather resistant and all of my testing next to all the mxt's and m6 is has same depth separation and speed or maybe slightly faster recovery.. Get one you will enjoy it!! May not use your mxt again who knows ;)

basstrackerman said:
The mx5 is basically a digital mxt or mxt pro without trac lock.. Very good detector.. Yes a great upgrade.. Any issues the mx5 had have all been resolved and fixed. Its lighter and better balanced .. Weather resistant and all of my testing next to all the mxt's and m6 is has same depth separation and speed or maybe slightly faster recovery.. Get one you will enjoy it!! May not use your mxt again who knows ;)

Thanks, I've never been "in love" with the 6T, but other than the weight have really liked my MXT. Because of the lighter weight and the coil compatibility I'm thinking the MX5 should be a great backup to the MXT.
BB

MX5 = 3 lbs 9 oz M6 = 4 lbs 2 oz for better depth and stability on the MX5 I use the SEF 8x6 coil in trashy areas or the SEF 12x10 in clean areas.

Never used the M6, but I really like my MX5 and all it's great features.:thumbup:

Yes as deep and better options..and lighter, with volume control,back light,lock on pinpoint,stand by mode,weather resistant, bigger readout easier to see, very good machine

leslie said:
MX5 = 3 lbs 9 oz M6 = 4 lbs 2 oz for better depth and stability on the MX5 I use the SEF 8x6 coil in trashy areas or the SEF 12x10 in clean areas.

Never used the M6, but I really like my MX5 and all it's great features.:thumbup:

According to published figures from one of findmalls sponsors:

Coin Master GT 3.6 pounds (57.6 OZ) With 9" spider coil

The MX5 is 3.9 pounds (62.4 OZ) With 9" spider coil

M6 is 4 pounds ( 64 OZ) With 9.5" eclipse coil

MXT Tracker is 4.2 pounds (67.2 OZ). With 9.5" eclipse coil

MXT Pro is 4.6 pounds (73 OZ) With the 12" coil.

plidn 1

According to my MX5 manual, looking up the Specs. the weight is listed at 3 pounds, 9 ounces. That weight is with the 9" spider coil, with the 5.3 Eclipse it would be closer to 3½ pounds. I do not have an accurate scale, but with the 5.3 coil, it feels light. It swings so easy that you have to remember that in the thick trash you need to slow way down with your sweep speed.

When the MX5 first came out there was a discrepancy in weight figures and discussed on the whites forum.
Because all other whites detectors were measured in pounds, it was decided that the manual is a miss print.
Monte has stated in many posts, that manufactures are notorious for doing this.
Unless some one has a way to actually weigh one, we will never know for sure.

Loving my MX5. Goes very deep and I like the supend featue a lot. Most times a grab my MX5 over my xterra 705. Use the Eclipse DD shooter in trashy areas with great results. Sounds off very well on coins.. This one will be with me for a long time. Can't say the same for the xterra 705 unless more trips out west in search of the yellow metal are in the future.