Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Optional arm cuff.

Donut

Is there other stronger Minelab arm cuffs that will fit on the Equinox.
I think I see somewhere (can’t find) that the Xterra one will fit on the Nox.
I‘ve seen metal one but just looking around before I do anything.

Doug

Last edited:
Answer is yes Anderson shafts makes one and I bought one one big auction website ..
$29.00 all metal way better than stock!!!
Mark
5E10AD1B-B5DC-4876-A55F-134FA6545583.png

Thanks , I didn’t want metal but I gave in and ordered one on eBay
Doug

I just took the one off the Xterra 705 and use it. it's tougher than the EQ armrest by far.

Last edited:
Thanks for checking. I wish I would have known that a couple days ago. I have a metal one coming Monday. I was wanting to stick with plastic.
Doug

I have using an old whites arm cuff. The stock cuff is way to large for me. You have to drill one hole and it stronger and more comfortable.

Minutes ago I just receved mine in the mail from eBay. its a little heaver than the stock OEM but that’s good because it will act as a counterweight to the coil and the quality looks good With a powder coat.
Doug

Minutes ago I just receved mine in the mail from eBay. its a little heaver than the stock OEM but that’s good because it will act as a counterweight to the coil and the quality looks good With a powder coat.
Doug
Good luck with the new Arm Cuff!

Thanks I think it will be fine. I couldn’t find the one you mentioned and I seen it at another site for $65+ shipping and I thought that is way to much. Heck I actually could have made my own and it would have kook‘ed shroom quality i didn’t want to take that much time.
Doug

I just compared the difference between a metal cuff and the OEM cuff.
metal. 8.61 oz
OEM. 4.07
—————
difference 4.54 oz more.
That actually helps in offsetting the coil as a counterbalance.

Here something to consider. I just got back from detecting with my Safari in a swampy area.
I went to kneel down to check the hole with my pinpointer when my shin hit a rock and I went over sideways
with my arm still strapped in to the armrest my weight snapped the armrest off the detector.
Then my dumbass was looking all over for the armrest which was still on my arm.
So I wonder if the armrest was metal would the plastic holding the screw & metal plate to the armrest have ripped out the plastic holding the screw & plate in?
In the process destroying the upper shaft of the detector?
Also I'm just glad nobody saw me fall cuz they would have laughed their asses off.

Attachments

• IMG_1673.JPG
    IMG_1673.JPG
    848.9 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_1674.JPG
    IMG_1674.JPG
    950.9 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_1675.JPG
    IMG_1675.JPG
    715 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Wow that’s not good. The one I just installed has no plastic at all. Also I never use the arm strap and I remove the strap Completely.
Doug