Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Optional Kruzer coils

Utah1971

[attachment 356084 IMG_2530.JPG]Hello my name is Eric I got started detecting about 6 years ago I live and hunt mainly in Utah, I am wondering if anyone knows when the smaller coils for the Kruzer will be available, specifically the 5"DD and 7" concentric. I can't hunt 3/4 of the places I want to because the 7x11 is much too big to use in that much iron.
I did take the Kruzer out to a site last weekend and it didn't disappoint I found my oldest Barber dime and one of my best Shield nickels ,I had never found one with the rays between the stars.
Anyway hello all!
Eric

Very nice finds Eric. Looks like you and the Kruzer are off to a great start. Hopefully, the accessory coils will be out soon. If they don't get here by the time of the April outing, well ya still have the Red Racer to fall back on :)

Great finds there Eric...that shield nickel is in beautiful shape for its' age! Nice job! That Kruzer will deliver the goods for ya! I'm hoping the smaller coils will be here soon too. I'm especially partial to the 7" concentric. Used to have one on my Racer 2. It was great!

Charles :usaf: :usaflag:

Nice finds there Eric - Look forward to seeing you up at the WTHO in April.

Rich (Utah)

Eric - Great finds! I'm also waiting for the smaller coils for the Kruzer. I had them all for the Impact but sold them along with the impact.

Thank you Coinhawker, the Barber was right at 7" the shield nickel was only 2" deep it surprised me when I saw it was a coin.
Eric

Thank you Gregg! Hopefully the coils will be available soon, you are right about the O'l Red Racer it is still more than capable for where we hunt.
See you soon
Eric

Thank you Charles, I've heard nothing but good things about the 7", I am going to get one for my Racer as well.
Eric

Thank you Rich, I'm looking forward to seeing you at the WTHO. I didn't get a chance to talk to you very much at the last one we attended together.

Thank you Tom, are you going to any of the WTHO?

My son is graduating from ASU the same weekend as one of the first two WTHO meets but I'll be at the third hunt.

KILLER shield nickel. I want one some kinda bad. I too can't wait for the small coils. I have had incredible success mopping up old sites here in central VA with the 5" coil on a red Racer.... if you don't know how good a Makro 5" coil is... well then you just don't know. Lol. Those that know.. mmm hmm.. one solid dude nod to ya. :-D No doubt the Kruzer will perform the same or better with small coils as compared to racers an impact. Love this machine so far...

Nice digs, the Kruzers doing a fine job! I've been using the little 4.5" x 7" coil on the Kruzer (from the Impact) and it's my coil of choice for iron. I like the little 5" coil too, it's performance on the Racers was phenomenal, but so to is the 4.5" x 7" coil.

Awesome! Love the shield nickel. Do you remember anything about how it rang up--either audio or target ID numbers? Also, what frequency/mode were you using? Thanks for the info.

Per my dealer; Smaller optional coils should be available in the U.S. in about two weeks.

Kapok thank you, I pretty much dig everything in the places that I hunt, but I always check where things are coming in at. The nickel was a solid mid tone at 29. I had switched over to three tone when I found it but I stayed at 19 on the frequency all day the gain was at 80, I left everything else at the presets. I have noticed on the Racer and now the Kruzer that both Shield and V nickels ring up slightly lower than newer nickels do.
I hope this helps, I'm still learning where to set up the Kruzer.
Eric