Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Options for Fisher F5 concentric coils with the push-in coil connectors?

MarkCZ

First!
Its known that the Greek series coils works on the F5 although in my experience with what's being called the Greek series I didn't have good luck with the Gold Bug coils on an Omega, and I've heard others mention limited results when they were used on the F5's.
Doesn't some of the Bounty Hunter detectors use the push in connector Greek Series coils? if so which one?
Next!
Was this coil ever made with the push in connector for the F5?

Fisher 8" Search Coil with Push-In Connector (F5)​

12-8coil7b13_1f.jpg

________________________________________ _______________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________

Now, from there is there is connector adapter available that convert the screw-in connector to the push-in type?
Seems to I heard somewhere that the metal ring can be removed from the screw in connector and the center part will plug into the older style connector receiver?
Is the push in connector available as a replacement and could the newer style screw in connector but cut of the cable and rewire the coil to the replacement push in connector?

Thanks!

Not sure one would want to cut a factory cable. Will be watching others answers……

An 8 inch concentric I would not be interested in depends on your hunting style. Cut the wires and solder on new connector your detector will not care

Just get an adapter.....I got mine from CORS I think...Search for Cors coil adapters.

Last edited: