Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ordered 6" DD hf coil

T.A.L.LasVegas

Yeah ordered my 6" hf dd coil today because I think it is going to be a real killer in the local parks here in Las Vegas and I assume if I ever make it nugget shooting it should do great there to. Christmas in June!

HH
Todd

Glad to hear that you have one of those on the way. It's a great little coil.

I have a local turn of the century house that I thought I had pretty well cleaned out with the 10.5" HF coil but a few weeks ago I swapped the 10.5" coil out for the 6" HF and pulled up 4 or 5 more wheats. Surprisingly they were the only coins that I found that day.

Now you can go back to some of your favorite spots that may have been a little trashy and see what you've missed.

Have fun!

Just got mine a few weeks ago and it pulled up about 10 dimes that I passed over with my elliptical in my own yard. Funny cause I just put the elliptical back on yesterday to hit a large park and the elliptical looks huge compared to the 6 in.

I was reading the specs. on the X-Terra 705 gold nugget setup on the MineLab website and was shocked to see that the coil was waterproof but not submersible. I asked about that and was told that because its hollow a two pieces put together, it can't be guaranteed not to leak and ruin the wrappings. That makes the X-Terra about half the machine I would like. The places that I nugget hunt are all in creeks and shallow streams.

I'm pretty sure the 6" dd is water proof and submersible but you are right about the elliptical dd it can not be submerged.

HH
Todd

Yeah I'm sure it's a little small in the big areas but that's okay for me that way I can have more fun fishing in the park, instead of hunting the park in a week it will take me a month. For me I just want to get out and do some dirt fishing, find some clad and some silver and gold jewelry. There really isn't anything old to find in the parks around here everything is fairly new.

HH
Todd

T.A.L.LasVegas said:
I'm pretty sure the 6" dd is water proof and submersible but you are right about the elliptical dd it can not be submerged.
Correct. Both the 6" and 9" coils are waterproof, but the 10.5" and the eliptical are only water resistant.

I just received my 6" hf coil this week and discovered in my soil gb 20 and set on hunting pattern 1 that I was passing every nickel and ran a test on 14k and 10k with same results, I discover this when I watched my coil go over a nickel in plain sight. I opened up more of the discrimination numbers and now I am finding nickels and can detect gold but have not found any.

HH
Todd

Try to run AM (all metal) with this machine when ever you can. Just listen for the even sounding beeps. Turning it down helps more than anything it seems to me in the trashy areas but now I will only use the 6inch hf dd in those situations. Good luck with the coil to all.