Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ordered some ring making tools today...

A

Anonymous

I was on a forced shopping trip with wifey and kids today, oh my gosh! I made the best of it, went into a jeweler

Mike,
Here's the one I have. I have only done clad coins in it. Use aquarium gravel with a little water and dishwashing soap. Use other media if you want to take more care not to scratch the coins.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=46376
Dave

Here's the actual link. The other would work if you copied and pasted it into the URL line.

Hey Mike, I bought the standard tumbler, that most detector dealters sell. The brand name is something, like Loren, and I bought the two-barrel tumbler, so I could clean silver in one, and copper coins (pennies) in the other. It listed for around
$85.00 US, bought got it for $80 US, plus $5 shipping. I bought mine from Tom at Medal Detectors of Minneapolis, Mn. Many other dealers sell this brand, and they also have single barrel tumblers, that are around $60 US. I believe Ron Dugger at Dixie Medal Detectors in Brandon,Miss., has them also, and he is one of the forum sponsors. Both of the above mentioned guys are great to deal with, and very dependable. However, I don't know what's involved in shipping to Germany. There is also a cheaper hobby tumbler with a red plastic barrel, that some hobby and crafts stores sell, but I can't remember the brand name. It sells for about $30 US,
and will do a decent job. Hope this helps, hh, NamVetLesTreasureSeeker

Dave, I just sent my friend to a Harbor Freight Store to buy that tumbler. It was on sale last week for 21.95. The nonsale price is 29.00 or something close to that. It looks identical to my Loretone and it is half the price. What a deal! R.L.

The only problem that I have had with the Harbor Freight tumbler is the belts. Both belts that came with mine broke afetr a few runs. I found replacement belts on ebay for a few cents each. Orderd several and now I am in ggod shape.

Mine hasn't broken yet but I've only run 2 loads thru it. About 2 days worth of running so far. Thanks for the heads up.
Dave