Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ordering a 705

kirklyn

I can get one extra coil right now so i narrowed it down to a list. You can answer just a number if you wish or a number and why.
I will be coin-shooting (parks, old house sites, farms, school yards, etc...) and some fresh water dry sand.
Thank You!

1. 705 with standard 7.5kHz Con. and 6" 18.75kHz DD

2. 705 "Gold" 5x10 DD 18.75kHz and 3kHz Con.

3. 705 "Gold" 5x10 DD 18.75kHz and 10" 7.5kHz DD

I have the 70 and used to have only the 7.5 khz 9inch coil and the 6 inch dd . You definetly want the 6 inch dd if you will be hunting trashy old sites. I can not tell you how many coins I have dug that others said was hunted out and sites that I had already hunted too. It will get the coins in the trash . I now have the 10.5 7.5 khz coil and I have only hunted civil war relics so far with it and it is really good also. I just got the 9 inch 18.75 khz coil this week and have not tried it yet. But my favorite so far is the 6 inch dd 18.75. I hated it at first , it is just so small. The trick with that coil is to slow way down too. If it is so trashy you need it you need to slow down too.That is one coil I will never sale as long as I have an x- terra. All in all you will be happy with all your choices. Be sure to check out the faq faq post at top of page.

Don't sell the 9' MF stock coil short.

I find I use it the most and always first at new hunting sites.

A great "general purpose" coil IMHO on my mild soil.

I consider it my base coil with all the others being a little more specialized.

I also have and like the 6" HF for very small gold and very heavy trashy areas.

I have the 9' LF coming.

But I believe I will always love the stock coil, I've found some great stuff with it. (example; a tiny 14k gold baby ring at almost 9" deep in fresh water wet sand)

Good Hunting

Denny

out of the options you listed i,d go with no. 3 for a start...i had an xterra 70 and used that setup 99.9 percent of the time,i,like you have just ordered a 705(i kept my coils from my 70)..

the hf 10x5 dd coil is what i use for my general park,school coinhunting,etc,ensures if there is jewellery,it,ll bang hard,also does nicely on normal clad and silver(tho,being in the states,and if silver is your main thing,i,d definitely invest in a lf coil at some stage),also,i use this on the beach for jewellery..i also use the 10 inch dd mf on the beach(dont like it in parks etc,as i find its a bitch to pinpoint,lol(for me),but it gives me great coverage on the beach...

Coin shooting in very heavily trash areas = 6" HF DD
(The 5x10" HF DD has a wider center width of force field than the 6" HF DD which has a smaller more knife edge width force field giving better trash separation. I saw a color chart made by Nero_Design(Marco) showing those widths. Also the 6" HF DD(being waterproof) finds smaller micro gold, the 5x10" HF DD(not waterproof) deals with high mineralization better with better coverage.)

Freshwater beach dry sand = 10.5" HF DD
(HF is better than MF on very small gold earing studs and very thin gold or platinum rings that may contain diamonds. Also on another point a DD does give more coverage than a CC on the beach where accuracy of TID is not as important as it is easy to dig in sand. Because CC's have a more accurate TID than DD's because the CC's show lower TID numbers from my experience giving upward TID numbers more room(numbers to play with) on CC's. Do not be mistaken DD's are accurate, it is just that CC's are more accurate.)

For specialized silver-copper coin hunting along with the best iron tone IDing = 9" LF CC

Just my 2 cents worth.