Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Original Vista Gold vs Vista X

synthnut

I have the original Vista Gold with a limited discrimination circuit….I see a lot more folks running a Vista X…..I have a few detectors both analog and digital….I’m more old school and hunt by tone, so I tend to lean more on analog machines….Both digital and analog have their place..This being said, for those of you that went from the Gold to the X, what did you find that was better with the X ? Better discrimination? Depth ? Separation ?
Thanks in advance …. Jim

I have the original Vista Gold with a limited discrimination circuit….I see a lot more folks running a Vista X…..I have a few detectors both analog and digital….I’m more old school and hunt by tone, so I tend to lean more on analog machines….Both digital and analog have their place..This being said, for those of you that went from the Gold to the X, what did you find that was better with the X ? Better discrimination? Depth ? Separation ?
Thanks in advance …. Jim
I have Vista-X and New Gold Hound. The major difference is Gold Hound is much hotter and Sen then org Gold Gain and New Coil ,faster recovery speed It Higher Feq hit better and slight deeper on super small object then Vista-X and Slightly Better on Gold. Silver. Jewlery , The High Feq Better in Hotter Soil. Both are great Machine, The Vista-X is Best Over Hunter and my current #1 Relic Hunting, machine. The Vista -X can also be adjusted for Coin Hunting,. Its Dual Disc And Octagon Coil Design You Easy Hunt the Most Trash Laid Sites with easy. The New Gold Hound Super Machine if looking very small objects , Silver and Gold, in hard hits sites you cant go wrong . But In modern trash sites you will dig smallest Foil , Trash only Negative, The Vista-X is Easy hunt trashy site Vs Hound. The Gold Hound Hot on Gold. I found a Rare $1 Gold Coin in Super Iron Civil War Camp after hunt with Vista-X !

Attachments

• IMG_3509.JPG
    IMG_3509.JPG
    168.4 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_3517.JPG
    IMG_3517.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_3515.JPG
    IMG_3515.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_3508.JPG
    IMG_3508.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Nice writeup !….You gave plenty of food for thought…very descriptive…Thanks for the additinal comparisons too …. I would have thought that the Vista X would have hit Silver better because of the lower frequency…..???…Thanks, Jim

Nice writeup !….You gave plenty of food for thought…very descriptive…Thanks for the additinal comparisons too …. I would have thought that the Vista X would have hit Silver better because of the lower frequency…..???…Thanks, Jim
The Vista-X also good on Silver , Copper , and Super Hot Brass with it Feq. The High Feq on Gold Hound is More Sensitive Super Smaller Coins, super thing Jewely , rings ect

My original Vista is 25 mhz and is also really good on the small stuff…I’m in hopes that the Vista X would go even deeper on Silver, and have a wider discrimination range….My original Vista w/25 mhz picks up so much under the coil that I found it almost unusable with the larger coil where I hunt….I had to purchase the smaller coil to be able to use it…I was getting strong signals on bb’s and tiny iron….That’s great on an area that is sparse with targets, but in trash it’s a nightmare…..You’re hitting a bunch of targets moving the coil 2 ft…on a positive note, I really enjoyed having a separate volume control for iron…

bigchuckinva….Thanks for this info…Some folks appreciate a machine that can find the smaller targets, and a lot of high mhz machines are great for tiny gold nuggets….I’m looking for larger gold jewelry/Silver/old coins….earing backs, and fine chains are for another hunter…I need a machine that I can slap a small coil on, that can separate well, and deal just fine with iron, and go deep ..My original dealt with iron pretty well….It goes pretty deep…What it excels in is finding the tiniest pieces of EVERYTHING that is in its path…Using it with the larger coil that came with it was nearly impossible with too many targets under the coil at once !…At 25 mhz I think that this might be the issue….

I had the original Vista Gold with several of the coils as well as the 6". Very nice machine.
Then I got the Vista X and just seem to enjoy using it more. In my soils, both performance depth wise was comparable. It seems to be more stable as well.
I did not like using the large stock coil on the Vista Gold. The large stock coil for the Vista X is a pleasure to use.

Sven,
Thanks for the info on the large stock coil…..I don’t even use it on the Vista Gold…..Nice to know it works on the X….Jim