Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ORX 2 ?

synthnut

Just wondering if XP will come out with an ORX version 2 like they did the Deus 2…..Drop the price down to $1,000 and I think that they would have the market to themselves…..The Deus 2 has already surpassed the Equinox IMHO and the Legend as it is now doesn’t seem to be all it’s cracked up to be IMHO….Again, these are my opinions, and we know what they say about opinions !!….What do you guys think ?

yes good idea , I am one of those poor folks that would pounce on a oportunity like that

I’d think they’ll come out with a Deus2 Lite, priced around 800-900 USD. Still running FMF but not necessarily all of the adjustments available. In the US having anything BUT multi freq is all but useless because of the type of trash we have. In the UK, someone can get away with using an ORX in their pastures and plow, but here…WAY different game.

Multi frequency works just fine here in the US on saltwater beaches…It’s actually preferred!!….I’d like to see an ORX 2 for both land and beach as a preferred machine…Something to go one up on the equinox 800 like the Legend was rumored/supposed to do….

I'd be thrilled if XP updated the ORX so it has 5 tones and/or the ability to set tone breaks. Those two improvements would make the ORX a much more competitive coin-shooter; providing XP with an expanded opportunity to introduce new users to the XP line with very little development cost.

At this point I don't see an ORX II as being a model that is likely to be introduced, given XP's declaration that both the Deuce and the ORX will remain in their lineup.

Coils
ORX can use HF (2) and X35 (3) coils
DEUS 1 can use LF (3 ?) .. HF (2) and X35 (3) coils
DEUS 2 has 2 MF coils

I’d think they’ll come out with a Deus2 Lite, priced around 800-900 USD. Still running FMF but not necessarily all of the adjustments available. In the US having anything BUT multi freq is all but useless because of the type of trash we have. In the UK, someone can get away with using an ORX in their pastures and plow, but here…WAY different game.
Tell me more about the trash unique to the US, please. Sounds like a hell of a lot of diggers are missing out on a lot with their single freq detectors.

Last edited:
Just wondering if XP will come out with an ORX version 2 like they did the Deus 2…..Drop the price down to $1,000 and I think that they would have the market to themselves…..The Deus 2 has already surpassed the Equinox IMHO and the Legend as it is now doesn’t seem to be all it’s cracked up to be IMHO….Again, these are my opinions, and we know what they say about opinions !!….What do you guys think ?
Yes & yes!…..I agree!……….what turned me off on the Legend is how it’s too much of a copy of the Equinox…..Man those tones are duplicates of the Equinox!…..I’ll give it credit on its build quality though!…..As far as the D2 , it beat my Nox on the beach….It’s impressive there.

Yeah, sorta like Minelab had the Safari which was a cheaper eTrac but still had FBS.

I swung that darn Nox for 4 yrs even tho it felt horrible, and sounded like a 3rd grade recorder ensemble on the 1st day of school. I used it because it had multi-freq. Finally a company offers light weight, multi, and normal tones...so I bought a D2...but many people won't because it's TWICE as much as the Nox600.
Give them FMF at a lower price, same low weight, and they'll devour the competition.

I visited a good friend of mine who lives in the suburbs of Atlanta GA…He was swinging an ORX with a 11” x35 coil, and I shipped a Tesoro Vaquero down there to use…We detected soccer fields, and while I was wondering what targets I was hitting, he was naming targets that he was hitting…..I was impressed!…Now with the new Deus 2 already making a name for itself, I would be thrilled with an ORX 2…just saying

Tell me more about the trash unique to the US, please. Sounds like a hell of a lot of diggers are missing out on a lot with their single freq detectors.
I don’t think the actual TRASH ITSELF is unique, but WHERE most US coin hunters hunt are in parks, schools, fairgrounds, ball fields, etc. which are generally STUFFED with pull tabs, ring pulls, pieces of aluminum from a can that a mower ran over, a lot of nails but more modern than old, junk jewelry….it’s never ending. Because of the laws in the UK as I understand them, it seems that most people choose to obtain permission on fields and pastures….OLD land that hasn’t been heavily polluted by these same trash items as mentioned. Is there a lot of lead? Sure. Iron? Definitely. But I would take those conditions many times over as opposed to hunting a school yard that is heavily polluted with modern trash. In the very oldest areas of the US people do well hunting fields. It’s not what most of us do though, we just don’t have access to them.