Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ORX Deus question

I am really liking the ORX which I have the HF elliptical and a 9” X35 coil for. on occasion I miss having a couple of options from the Deus like the additional tones etc. i have a chance to get WS4 Deus headphones at an excellent price and fully understand they do not work with the ORX but can the ORX controller and they WS4 headphones be paired to the same coil at the same time? can you run the ORX with the speaker off and just use the great display for you VID and use the WS4 headphones set Up separately for tones Each working independently off of the same coil? Just curious if it is possible?

Great question. I got excited there for a few minutes until I tried your scenario. Unfortunately it was a no go. I turned on my WS4s and chose my coil and then turned on the ORX controller with the same coil chosen. The WS4s had control over the coil and the ORX did not recognize the same coil so the display just stayed on the main page and did not change when swinging over targets. I knew this would not work from prior posts on this forum and others but it was worth a try.

If you decide to pick up the WS4 anyway, just make sure it is updated to version 5.2 and see if the seller will either leave some of the custom programs on it or have them or a friend with a Deus controller put some of Gary Blackwell's great custom programs on it for you.

Jeff

Thank you Jeff, I kind of thought that would be the case and really appreciate your checking it out. I really like the remote on the ORX and for the majority of the time I have no problems with the tones. It is just once in a great while I do miss a few of the extra options provided on the Deus. The ORX is a great machine and I am doing well with it.