Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ORX question about VDI's

txop

I currently use a Deus that I always hunt with on 17khz. I have normalization on so all frequencies read the same.

So I am wondering about the VDI's on the ORX. Are they the same as any of the ones on the Deus?

I don't want to learn a whole new set of numbers. I am 100% a coinshooter.

Thanks

I hunted with the LF coil and the Deus for about a year and I bought the HF coil now the VDI’s are different with this setup I’ve noticed not sure on the ORX I’ve also wondered this?

Mkus said:
I hunted with the LF coil and the Deus for about a year and I bought the HF coil now the VDI’s are different with this setup I’ve noticed not sure on the ORX I’ve also wondered this?

FYI, you can turn normalization on in the configuration menu and all frequencies will read the same as the 17khz freq.

I was looking at the manual on the ORX and it appears it uses the same VDI across all frequencies. Not 100% sure but it looks like it. I was just wondering it they match up with any of the Deus frequencies.

Surely someone knows??

Thanks I will try that...

What is it under in configuration? Sorry can’t seem to find ir?

Mkus, if using the HF coil there is no option for normalisation, only for the LF coils. I suspect it would be the same on the ORX is utilising the HF coils.

Ok thanks Goldpick

I just watched a video by calabash and it seemed it read every coin at 99 On the ID? I looked close and that’s what I saw..Not good for a coin hunter if that’s the case

Bigtom123 said:
I just watched a video by calabash and it seemed it read every coin at 99 On the ID? I looked close and that’s what I saw..Not good for a coin hunter if that’s the case

That's what I saw also.

On the shallow targets it has a more accurate ID but on deep coins it up averages the ID. I am going to dig those signals if the iron meter is low and there's no iron grunt mixed in.

Wasn't those 99 readings on some very deep coins? I know he has a 12" and 14" buried that he tests over. HH jim tn

I could be wrong but if you watch the display those coins are close to the edge of that coils detection depth and its not displaying any id on some of the swings so the high 90's numbers are the detector telling you that there is a non-ferrous high conductor under the coil. Also the iron probability bar shows no iron reading at all in the ones I payed attention too.