Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ORX - VDI / TID for 9" Round, Elliptical, and X35 Many Targets / Frequency

coin-star

It seems like there is quite a lack of information about the ORX and using it with multiple coils. For a short time I have all 3 coils, so I though I would do a comparison of some of the targets I have around. I hope someone finds this useful.

1. The ORX had all 3 coils simultaneously and had no problem switching between all 3 coils.
2. Settings for test = Coin Fast with reactivity changed to 2.5. All targets were air tested approximately 3-4 inches from the coil.
3. Sorry I didn't include silver and gold rings, but they vary greatly from item to item. I tried to use fairly standard targets that most will encounter in the US. All targets were found metal detecting.

Chart
[attachment 368273 ORX-VDI.jpg]
Targets
[attachment 368272 ORX-Targets.jpg]
Coils and Detector
[attachment 368271 ORX-Coils.jpg]

CS

1. Sorry for the black spaces in the chart. If it is blank, insert the HF coil 14khz value.

2. It is very interesting that the VDI for Musket Ball and 3 Ringer bullets changes quite a bit on the HF coils. It might be good to check what you think is a bullet in the highest frequency and look for the VDI to drop.

CS

Hey CS thanks for the info!! I have the white x35 9 inch coil on my orx. Have you hunted with both the black round x35 as well with the white 9 inch x35 and if so can you give some input between the 2 coils?? I was thinking of getting the black one possibly but on the fence about it

bigtim1973 said:
Hey CS thanks for the info!! I have the white x35 9 inch coil on my orx. Have you hunted with both the black round x35 as well with the white 9 inch x35 and if so can you give some input between the 2 coils?? I was thinking of getting the black one possibly but on the fence about it

I haven't gotten out with the X35 yet. I have only used the round HF coil on the ORX. I'll report back when I have has a little time on it.

bigtim1973 said:
Also could you tell me the freq offsets as well on the black 9 inch x35 as well please?? Thanks

From Deus Website. . .
The X35s are available in 22cm (9”), 28cm (11”) and 34 / 28cm (13” x11”) offering a total of 35 frequencies built around the main 5 ones, then each frequency has 7 offsets 3.7 to 4.4kHz, 7.1 to 8.4kHz, 10.5 to 12.4kHz, 15.2 to 17.8kHz, 23.5 to 27.7kHz.

Here are all the frequency offsets for each of the 5 main frequencies.

CS

Thanks for the info. I just ordered my ORX 5 minutes ago. I'm sure I'll love it.

Xdigger said:
Thanks for the info. I just ordered my ORX 5 minutes ago. I'm sure I'll love it.

You will love it. I have one and also have the hf and x35 coils. Also have a deus now and got it paired up with the x35 along with the hf on the orx. I am not seeing any lack of performance with the ORX compared to the deus. They are similar but a different too. You will be happy especially if you have mild to medium soil conditions. HH Tim