Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ORX vs Deus

Anything ORX can do Deus can do better, it can do anything better than ORX, no it can't? YES IT CAN!! yes it can yes it can!! Deus can do anything better than ORX:nopity:

To my understanding the ORX is a stripped down Deus for hunting the Gold fields and coin shooting.

If you want the adjustability of the Deus don't get a ORX.

The ORX is a great machine for what it is designed for, but the Deus will out step it in a side by side race.

Don't the ORX gold programs only for coins.

I watched a you tube video by a guy in Australia. He said in the gold fields the ORX will beat the Equinox, Gold Monster, and Gold Bug 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qGKwCQALzs

MikeLab said:
I watched a you tube video by a guy in Australia. He said in the gold fields the ORX will beat the Equinox, Gold Monster, and Gold Bug 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qGKwCQALzs

[size=medium]Yes, but is there anything the ORX can do that the Deus can't?[/size]

I don't see the ORX being as adjustable as a Deus but as far as depth and separation I think they are equal when fitted with the same coil. ORX is a very capable machine with less bells and whistles as a regular Deus. If you want more features and adjustability go with a regular Deus but if you want a simple to use Deus go with the ORX.

88junior said:
I don't see the ORX being as adjustable as a Deus but as far as depth and separation I think they are equal when fitted with the same coil. ORX is a very capable machine with less bells and whistles as a regular Deus. If you want more features and adjustability go with a regular Deus but if you want a simple to use Deus go with the ORX.

[size=large]I understand that, but my question is, can the ORX do anything that the Deus can't?[/size]

I will say,,,,,,,no, with the same coils the orx will not do anything that the Deus can't. But,,,,,,, I was wrong once before and it could happen again :wiggle:

Make it to your door for less money....

Don't forget, the ORX gold programs are not only gold but for coins and jewelry also.

I really don't need the added features of a regular Deus so the money saved is a perk. Will it do anything more than a regular Deus will do probably not. Will it find more than a regular Deus maybe or maybe not. In the end it's how well the ORX or Deus is learned from the user that will determine how well either does at finding good targets. Either one in a knowledgeable users hand is going to make excellent finds.

hi,
I couldn't answer your question until I got my hands on one.

I really liked the Deus I owned for awhile. I mostly used it for gold prospecting with the HF coils.There was no target ID normalization support using the HF coils. I set up custom programs for goldfield and Deus Fast so I could switch back a forth between a discrimination program and threshold based all metal running at different frequencies. Target responses were not consistent and most targets gave high tone responses in the custom discrimination mode due to no ID normalization, mineralization and depth.

The ORX has full support for ID normalization using the HF and X35 coils and it has a big numerical ID screen and Iron Probability meter display for all four search modes. The target IDs are the same throughout all the frequencies and search modes using X35 and HF coils.

So, yes the ORX can do at least three things that the current software version of the Deus can't: ID normalization for HF coils, Easy to read numerical target ID for all search modes and Iron probability meter that is also really easy to read. For a gold prospector like me, those features are huge and make it a better detector than the Deus for prospecting.

Jeff

So if looking at the remote isn’t important then you can have a full functioning Deus with starter package & newer software versions for same price as ORX.

I may try one this winter myself. Hot weather has arrived so my relic hunting has subsided until cool weather returns.

I’ve heard things like silencer isn’t adjustable on the ORX so that’s a big deal for depth.

I also like full tones and none on ORX so my answer is NO for ORX doing anything the Deus can’t but if it’s a stripped down Deus then Deus can perform functions that it can’t.

JMHO

Jerry

jtalley007 said:
So if looking at the remote isn’t important then you can have a full functioning Deus with starter package & newer software versions for same price as ORX.

I may try one this winter myself. Hot weather has arrived so my relic hunting has subsided until cool weather returns.

I’ve heard things like silencer isn’t adjustable on the ORX so that’s a big deal for depth.

I also like full tones and none on ORX so my answer is NO for ORX doing anything the Deus can’t but if it’s a stripped down Deus then Deus can perform functions that it can’t.

JMHO

Jerry

its not a deus its not actually even related to the deus technology wise. Its actually a machine made by a company in Africa that XP got contracted to produce. They got access to the machine and then were able to strike a deal to rebrand the machine.

How can it not be related to the Deus when they utilise the same HF coils (with all processing done in the coil) - just differs on the user interface on how it presents the data, and with less functionality/settings than the Deus.

Probably more of a case of XP testing the lucrative African market under the Depar branding and then rebranding it as the ORX for the world market (with the addition of some coin programs to make it more marketable).