Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Oswego County Road Trip

DiggerODirt

Hit two parks today... Both along the river. First park produced the 2 Mercs and most of the clad. As you can see, the fertilizer was not kind to the coins. The second park produced a LOT of trash, a few clad coins, then the show stopper... Have no idea what this bullet is... If anyone can help, email me at: diggerodirt@gmail.com The large copper disk, I thought was an old coin at first, but now I think it was just a knockout. Have no idea on the buckle either.

HH,

The silver looks great ,especially the barber quarter...the copper does look to be the right size for a large cent and im not aware of any knock outs being made out of copper.... if you have a jewelrs loop or magnifing glass. i take a drop or two of olive oil and spead it onto coin to give it a glossy surface,then tilt different angles in various lighting to see if there is any fine detail left...

The copper disk has a concave shape, and I was near a machine shop when I found it...Leads me to believe it was punched from plate copper.

HH,