Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Out again with my AT Pro

Smitty II

Greetings to all,

I managed to get out again with my new AT Pro just before the snow storm hit this weekend. I just took it to a park and hunted for a little over an hour. I started out in the Standard Mode and the Discrimination Mode set to Coin.I ground balanced the detector and it indicated 90 when balanced. I typically manually run the ground balance off then use the Auto Ground Balance to bring it back into balance. Our ground is pretty hot around here so I normally get ground readings in the 90 to 93 readings. Since I didn't want to dig big deep holes I ran the sensitivity at about 50% and only went after targets that were 4" or less in depth. This is a manicured lawn area and I did not want to cause any problems that would effect me being able to return. During my hunt I moved back and forth between the Standard and Pro Modes testing targets and learning the target tone response of the Pro Mode. I really like this detector. I ran across a couple of bottle caps that came in as quarters and the Pro Mode really showed them for what they were when I dug them. I dug several different questionable targets just to see what they were and to correlate the Target ID Number with the target.

I recovered 8 Quarters, 9 Dimes, 1 Nickel (1942 war nickel), 11 pennies (I started passing up pennies), 3 Chucky Cheezy tokens, a piece of a costume jewelry ear ring and a few pieces of foil and pull tabs. See the attached photo. The 1942 war nickel is not in the picture. I had it in a different place and failed to get it in the picture.

This is going to be a really great detector, especially for my kind of hunting.

God Bless and HH!!

Hi Again,

Well, I have been detecting since the late 60s and as you can see from my post that I own and use a lot of different metal detectors of different manufactures. All of my detectors are 3 pounds of less or can be hip mounted to get the weight down. I have trouble with my elbow if the are to heavy.

I am basically a coin and jewelry hunter and I like to hunt beaches and wade in the water (mostly fresh water) whenever I can. I bought the AT Pro to be use for my beach and water hunting. I have an Infinium LS and Detector Pro Diver that I have been using for beach and water hunting but they don't provide as much target information as the AT Pro does so I expect that the AT Pro will be the detector of choice when I hit the fresh water beaches and get in the water. On the rare occasion where I get to a salt water beach I use my Infinium LS and a Minelab Sovereign GT.

When I hunt coins and jewelry on dry land I normally use my Minelab X-terra 705 and my Garrett GTP 1350 as my back up detector. I just bought the new 8.5x11 DD coil like the one on the AT Pro for my 1350. I love that coil.

Since I live in gold country I do a little prospecting and I use my Minelab X-terra 705, Garrett Infinium or my White Master Hunter Vsat depending on where and what type of gold I am looking for.

Just to let you know, ALL of the detectors that I own were bought from my coin and jewelry finds. I deposit between $350 and $500 in clad coins into my toy account every year.

God Bless and HH!!

Ah, I used to live in Arvada, moving soon back west to Albuquerque. Currently in North Carolina and it really sucks here

Colorado Springs!! right at the base of Pikes Peak.