Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Out Doing A Water Hunt In The Freezing Cold North Saskatchewan River

John-Edmonton

Staff member

Off today from work. Woke up at noon, and just had the detecting bug bite me hard, so, I headed to the river. It is still not frozen yet, however, the ice is starting to form along the edges. Luckily I wore my rubber boots, and wandered in the water at the shallow edge.

oct29.jpg

I eyeballed some nice pieces of petrified wood, and some coins. Too bad the coins were pennies, as some would have been silver had they been dimes or quarters. I also got what I thought was a metal leaf. After studying it a bit more, I got it! It's part of a metal toy car from back in the 40's. It's the hood.

John,

I'm glad to see the APEX is working for you. Careful of the water/ housing. Is the river low enough to use a shovel ? Or does it call for a scoop ? The water is cold on the hands this time of year. :LOL:

Always nice to see the older cents as indicators of possible silver.

Best of luck - R

John,

I'm glad to see the APEX is working for you. Careful of the water/ housing. Is the river low enough to use a shovel ? Or does it call for a scoop ? The water is cold on the hands this time of year. :LOL:

Always nice to see the older cents as indicators of possible silver.

Best of luck - R
I was using my relic shovel to dig up the coins. Deepest was about 6 inches. It's fun digging in a river for targets. The water washes away the sand and smaller stones in seconds, leaving the target in sight. And.....I was walking real slow and careful.

I was using my relic shovel to dig up the coins. Deepest was about 6 inches. It's fun digging in a river for targets. The water washes away the sand and smaller stones in seconds, leaving the target in sight. And.....I was walking real slow and careful.

My relic shovel is the most effective since I deal with cobblestones (baseball to cantaloupe sized stones with intermixed gravels) making recovery a little tricky especially when the water gets a little deeper. :)

Stay dry -

Rich