Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Out in the Park with the Sovereign today.

Ron from Michigan

Staff member
First hunt of the year with the Sovereign. The park search today has been hunted out but close to home and dry. Met my friend Ron at the park he used an AT Pro and a Explorer. LOL two Ron's don't make a right. I used the deteknix wireless system for about an hour until it stopped working. For those thinking about using this system with the Sovereign I didn't think the faint signals come through as well. After I plugged the Jolly Roger's in the iffy signals came in better. One section of the park I considered too much fill in found a deep 1968 Dime. Dug some beaver tails two nickels one a 1920 Buffalo, which was about 8 inches deep. One penny with a ID of 176 was covered with green corrosion, thought at first it was an Indian but turned out to be a 1938 plain wheat. Good day to be out for a couple of hours. Happy Hunting Ron

Had plans to revisit an old race track today, but the weather here isn't cooperating snow on the ground and cold temps. This old site has produced lots of Indians and seated coins, I'm sure the Sovereign will find some of the left overs. Will postpone for a couple of days HH Ron

I went out to a city park today that is plagued with terrible EMI. It does not make any difference how I set the machine. Emi was even worse today than usual. But I still was able to dig a few coins. $2.20 in clad and a dozen pennies. Heat and Humidity kicked my backside after about three hours so I gave up and headed for the A/C

George,this morning about an inch of snow. Tomorrow going to try again all my gear is packed(my Sovereign and a shovel).Yea hope I don't run into any EMI problems, sometimes a switch to Band 1 will help. Going to use the 10x12 SEF coil the old race track may still produce. Too bad we can't average our weather. Thanks Ron

Glad to see some Sovereign finds on here... been quite a while
since some finds were posted.
Thanks for posting... nice hunt!

I did make it to the race track a few days later but most of the park was under water. I did find some older clad and buckles off of horse tack. Mean time a few parks in my area on my short list.