Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

out in the ugly weather but worth it!

ToneTime

[attachment 303213 1416265981481.jpg]
[attachment 303214 1416266048251.jpg]
[attachment 303215 1416266103752.jpg]
I made it out this afternoon, it was rainy and cold so I bundled up the silver micromax with a sandwich bag and headed out. It was a great to get to detect today since it will only be a high of 22 deg F tomorrow. I found some more mining tags and best of all this bank token near an old concaved in building. It rang out choppy at first, there was so much junk around it but decided to dig through it. I moved some dirt around finding nails and other fragments. Then I rescanned and it came in loud and clear at about 4" down. It is from the early 1900's to 1920 time frame from what I can tell. I had a good time but my hands were freezing on the way back to the truck. I had hunted for about 2 hours tonight but will go back. I noticed on my way out a stone foundation barley visible so it will be fun to give that a try also when time and weather allows.

That looks like one of my digs.

A person can find some promising areas in the winter months but might have to wait until spring to hunt them. I was driving along an old bluff road today and saw the remains of an old road half way up the hill, that is invisible when the leaves are on the trees. I hope to hunt it next spring.

that is an old token , you can't even keep up with inflation saving at a bank now . what a cool artifact of the past . Got to more interesting things at that spot ,

You did great. Tokens are one of my favorite finds. :cheers: I'm waiting or warmer weather before I venture out again.

tabman

Looking for those old roads and stuff, check out Google maps and switch to satellite view. At least by me all of the satellite views are in the fall with all the leaves off. The old roads are real easy to see.