Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Out west, these are tough to find. Blisstool v6 nabs one.

Thanks for sharing this Rick, I think it's doable converting from beach to inland. I'll need to watch the Aqua Manta video again and listen carefully to both the audio and threshold recovery.

Pretty sure FT has put a lot of thought into this, both water and land use.

Thanks again,
Paul

If you want to sell the NYL button, I know a buyer who's looking for one. I had one that I offered to sell him , but mine was too beat up, and he passed on it.

you will find that he made the GS-5 and its ability to differentiate high and low conductors-and take out iron was a design goal, or he would have continued in a different direction.
The Whites TDi is a factory made version of the hand made GS-5, and Eric went to Whites to help them design it.
(I got my first unit from him in 1981, the PPDI, and it discriminated foil and tabs-nulled out-but it still hit iron; he told me it was a continuing effort to find a way to reject, or identify iron.
Eric was instrumental in the Garrett Seahunter, and Mel Fisher brought up the first coins from the Atocha with one,)

Hello Tom,

Probably the same collector I gave my first NYL button too, it was extremely worn hardly any letter detail. Gave him a small phoenix button too, time flies that was 8-10 year's ago.

I'll keep this one, may never find another.

Thanks!
Paul

I've had good luck with both mono and DD, DD tend to operate quieter in my area out in country terrian differences are minor.

Areas with EMI, closer to city or city park conditions then differences are noticeable DD are quieter especially with the commander 5"x10" DD. Smaller footprint, can operate close to full gain with this coil.

Was using the GPX yesterday, smoke's VLF its tough going back to VLF when hunting open ground. No Depth with VLF, sad but true.

Paul

vlad said:
you will find that he made the GS-5 and its ability to differentiate high and low conductors-and take out iron was a design goal, or he would have continued in a different direction.
The Whites TDi is a factory made version of the hand made GS-5, and Eric went to Whites to help them design it.
(I got my first unit from him in 1981, the PPDI, and it discriminated foil and tabs-nulled out-but it still hit iron; he told me it was a continuing effort to find a way to reject, or identify iron.
Eric was instrumental in the Garrett Seahunter, and Mel Fisher brought up the first coins from the Atocha with one,)

The original TDI prototype (tan color) didnt have the Conductor toggle (high/low). The toggle was added into the production models. For more info, see the....detectorprospector site....Thanks