Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Out with mxs today and like what I learned

I went back to the school a little bit. I was going around in the field and didn't find anything so as was heading back to the car I decided to go thru the trashy area little bit. I got a signal that was 70 and deep and would only hit again at 20 deg from the first and not very good but still around 70. Most of the signal was an iron grunt. I checked center in pinpoint and decided to lift the sod and see. I was then getting a solid hit and thinking IH. It was deep. The top of the shovel was just below the ground and I lost the signal. One more scoop with the top of the shovel 2" below the ground I had it out. The signal dropped to 40. It was a 1912 bullet casing. Maybe with the iron it upgraded the number. It was a good find mixed with iron. So that's good to know. If a high tone mixed with iron and pinpoint doesn't move. It's worth checking out a signal like that.

I have a lot of confidence in this detector already that I didn't have in the last detector ( not a mxs ). It is a pleasure to detect with. Yes the pinpoint and sat need to be upgraded but still working great. Prospecting is my favorite mode right now. Running very smooth sensitivity 8, sat 6. Not getting any falsing.

I'm able to hunt with it but with our technology we have today it would have been nice to be a light weight detector. It's not bad but could be lighter.

Rick

I have noticed that if you get an iron signal or real trashy signal and you see some numbers in the 60's or 70's flashing in there a lot of times it was a good target mixed with iron or other trash. I dug quite a few coins with an iron signal but also had the 60-70's number that were coins with junk. If the numbers jump up into the 90's it is possibly an iron false. This was with the stock coil. I was running in coin and jewelry wide open with no disc and 4 tone.

Hello Rick,

If you haven't sent in your MX Sport for the Firmware, you probably should.

I was out yesterday with a friend comparing the MX Sport with the Racer and a Deus, iron ridden site. All three did well, I was using Relic mode.

My friend and I both agree, all three are great for Relic hunting. But the MX Sport is more user friendly especially with ground balancing. Plus, my friend liked how the MX Sport Retains settings like GB and such.

The MX Sport was holding it's own, it's becoming my favorite Relic detector.

Thanks for sharing,
Paul

They're working on that Harold, It's coming.

I can see a need for modulated audio in parks and such, for Relic, fresh water, jewerly or clad coins I'm ok with what the MX Sport has to offer.

For the price range, it's a steal especially for the performance it puts out.

Paul

So Paul, They are actually working on it?
Rick when say VCO do you mean pinpoint mode?
I was referring to Modulated ON/ OFF setting like the Old Whites had.

No, I meant vco on in prospecting and all metal modes with iron audio on. I've mostly been detecting in prospecting mode. The deep signal is still loud enough to hear easily. The sound is different and you can tell its deeper. Also vco in pinpoint.

Rick

I agree Rick,

Prospecting mode does give a modulated audio, deeper signals audio taper off giving the impression it's deeper or it can be something small near the surface.

VCO on gives Prospecting mode zip zip detection, I use this feature a lot with prospecting mode.

Paul

Good to ee people enjoying such a nice machine. I have finally been able to test an updated one and it is much better. We were comparing the Deus and the MXS and the sport holds its own when using alot of stock Deus programs but starts to fall as you use custom programs. Then again there is a big price difference :)

Point is it's a great machine. Enjoy. I like reading all the good comments!

Can someone explain what vco is and what the benefit of using or not using it. Thanks

Vco the tone is zip zip on a close item and then gets a smoother hit deeper. It mostly used in pinpoint, and all metal. It helps tell you the if the target is shallow or deep.

Rick

Voltage control occilation. Higher pitch the closer you get to center of target. I love it

Thanks you guys