Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Out with the Gold Bug...

MikeW

A while back I purchased a used GB(not pro) with 5 inch coil. Ive used it a couple times. Yesterday worked a soccer field for two hrs and got a sterling ring, a wheatie, a handful of change including 5 nickels and a goodsize pile of the usual junk.Had alot of fun as I rarely get out anymore. So many junk targets that I mainly dug coins and nickel numbers but occasionally other numbers in hope of gold. Like the lightweight. Didnt bother to use the ground grab. Need to test my gold jewelry to see what numbers to look for in the future. Good luck if you get out.

Congrats on your purchase. You will find gold with patience without a doubt. The problem is gold rings can go from foil range up to high conductor range (copper or near silver) so you are going to have to dig everything past iron basically. I found a very small and delicate gold ring on the beach last year and it was 48 (in the foil range). I found another small one that was 54. Tested 2 large men rings at 66 and 74. IMHO if your soil is mineralized in the least, I would definitely get in the habit of ground balancing right from the start. It's super easy with this machine. In all metal, set the gain halfway and the threshold to a slight positive. Find a place with no signal/no metal present, press the GG button and pump the coil until the GG numbers stabilize. Put the detector back in discrimination mode if you want and set the gain at max. That's it.

I have the F19 but it's essentially the same machine with a few added options.

I really like the Fisher 11 DD on that detector. Great balance between depth, coverage, separation and weight.

Ive got 11 inch that i bought for the Delta and Eurotek that I believe works on the Gold Bug. Want go try it at an older park back up in the woods. Getting some rain lately I hope will soften the ground.

It will work with your Gold Bug. Any DD coil for the Teknetics greek series of detectors will work. The 11 DD will give you added depth for sure and will give you sharper VCO tones on moderate depth targets (4-7 inches). To pin point with the 11 DD, use the little dot/indentation just in front of the coil ears on top of the coil.