Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Outer Banks beach detecting?

robo

Heading to the outer banks in a few weeks.
Want to do some beach detecting.
Very confused on where you can beach detect.
I hear there are areas which it is a no no.
Some areas are allowed some aren’t.
I will be staying in Corolla
I don’t want to assume if it isn’t posted it’s ok to detect.
input would be appreciated

unless corolla beaches are designated national sea shore area you should be fine.. I've hunted the OBX for close to 25 yrs.. All areas south of your location are good to go... Until you get to around MP16 in the nags head area then the National seashore starts around there. Good luck/ you'll need it, The pickings are mighty slim. Was there this past sept and came home with a whopping 16 cents !! And I hunted long and hard too....

Mark ( ohio )

Reactions: tvr
What Mark posted ... National Seashore (national park) is a no go. If you pull up a map, there is Currituck Banks reserve that is north of Corolla that is no go and, as Mark mentioned, the National Park / National Seashore that starts south of Nags Head. I've detected the beach in Corolla a couple of times but is has been a number of years since I've been there. Sand moves so much in the Outer Banks that it is hard to know what you will run into with respect to conditions.