Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Outlaw and 11x8?

KennyD

Hi guys,
I've got a new outlaw coming soon with an 8" donut coil AND an 8x11DD.
Anyone using the 8x11 On their outlaw? If so, how are you liking it?

I wish I could answer this for you. My Outlaw came with the 11x8, but I've never even tried it out. Should be a good combo for depth and coverage, but probably won't seperate trash or discriminate as cleanly as the concentrics do.
The features I love most about the Outlaw, superior discrimination and small iron handling, work best with 8" and 5.75" concentrics.

I dont own a Outlaw but i do own a Vaquero with the 11x8 coil on and if i am honest after owning for nearly a year the jury is still out with the coil,i did take it off and i mainly use a 5.75 Concentric coil and that is a cracking coil/detector combination,but at the moment the 11x8 is just gathering dust still awaiting a guilty or innocent verdict,its fine on open clean spaces but it just lacks that something that i cannot put my finger on it.

Mega said:
I dont own a Outlaw but i do own a Vaquero with the 11x8 coil...
...it just lacks that something that i cannot put my finger on it.

I think it's the ability to ignore bottle caps... I've used the 11x8 on Vaquero and Tejon, and it just loves those bottle caps!

pinenut said:
Mega said:

I think it's the ability to ignore bottle caps... I've used the 11x8 on Vaquero and Tejon, and it just loves those bottle caps!

I've used the 8x11 dd coil on both a cibola and vaquero, and learned an amazing method for identifying bottle caps..... And it works!
First, pinpoint the target. Then move the coil off to the side of target. Press the pinpoint button and slowly move coil toward target. If it's a bottlecap, it will start sounding off on the outer edge of the coil.
A coin however, will not sound off until the center of coil goes over it.
Works 99.5% of the time!!!

KennyD said:
pinenut said:
Mega said:

I've used the 8x11 dd coil on both a cibola and vaquero, and learned an amazing method for identifying bottle caps..... And it works!
First, pinpoint the target. Then move the coil off to the side of target. Press the pinpoint button and slowly move coil toward target. If it's a bottlecap, it will start sounding off on the outer edge of the coil.
A coin however, will not sound off until the center of coil goes over it.
Works 99.5% of the time!!!

Well... with the Outlaw and the 8" coil on it, you'll be happy to find that bottlecaps won't even be an issue. You'll see 'em on the ground, but the Outlaw is excellent at ignoring 'em. ^_^
While my Outlaw came with the 11x8, the main reason I bought mine is that it also came with the 8" and the (now) hard to find 10.5" concentric. I already had a spare 5.75" for it.
Let us know how you like the 11x8; maybe I'll be convinced to give mine a go. ^_^

Hea guys was just looking at a outlaw ,but what I need to know is the depth of this detector,is it so-so ,is it worth $550??could sure use some feedback.Thankscjm

C.J.M. said:
Hea guys was just looking at a outlaw ,but what I need to know is the depth of this detector,is it so-so ,is it worth $550??could sure use some feedback.Thankscjm

Depth is good, but not quite as deep as Tesoro's "H.O.T." series, Cibola, Vaquero, Tejon. Plenty of depth for places I go; old parks, camp and picnic areas. I have and use several Tesoro detectors including the Outlaw and some older Tesoros - the Outlaw never stays home. I like the audio tone, I like the detune feature for pinpointing, and best of all, the way it ignores small iron. Discrimination seems to be more consistently accurate on my Outlaw, than most of my other Tesoros.

As to it being worth $550 (with 3 coils); yes, I think it is. ^_^

However - If you want a target ID machine... Look at a Racer 2. I may make one of those my first non-Tesoro.