Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

outlaw audio question.

thump7

Thanks to everyone that replied to my last question.
Now I have just one more.
I finally got a chance to watch the videos on the outlaw and the audio was nothing like what I thought it would sound like. I was expecting more of a high pitch silver umax or even like the golden sabre ll.
The silver umax and the gsll I had were amazing in that the audio relayed so much Target information. Foil was really crackley, aluminum and gold gave a hard/strong beep , clad gave an unmistakable thwack, and high conductors gave a super clean, round signal.

Is the outlaw anything like this or does the audio have a steeper and less informative language like that of the hot technology machines?

I have been a Vaquero user for the past year and I really learned the audio on it . But the last couple of days with my new outlaw and I can definitely tell you it has alot more information in its audio then the vaquero did. Right now I'm digging almost everything to learn it but I can already tell the difference between a good and bad target. And my trash to treasure ratio is lower then it has ever been and thats compared to all my detectors. Im digging about 10 coins to one piece of trash. Rough estimate. In 2 hunts im digging more clad than I would in 6 hunts before. I am using the cleansweep coil. But I tried the 8" concentric coil and it gives me even more confidence.

It has the super smooth audio.May be the best i have heard.Very good modulated signal tone,for depth info.And then the ability to check the target in no motion.You can't do that with any metal detector.

If you want more audio ID with the Outlaw you need to turn up the discrimination just a tad and throttle back some. It's audio ID is better to me than the Vaquero is, but not quite as good as the Silver

Thanks guys. Tabman, I couldn't agree more with what you said.

I like the sound of the outlaw, it definitly sounds better than the vaq to my ears.

The silver umax is the nicest sounding detector I have ever used.

Tabman, I think it was you (but I'm not totally sure) that made a short video about the silver umax. On the video the silver was breaking up on bad targets but giving good beeps at max detection for good targets.
Is the Outlaw able to do this too?

thump7 said:
Tabman, I think it was you (but I'm not totally sure) that made a short video about the silver umax. On the video the silver was breaking up on bad targets but giving good beeps at max detection for good targets.
Is the Outlaw able to do this too?

Here's the audio of the Silver

thump7 said:
Thanks again tabman. The way a machine sounds is a big selling point for me.

Yeah, me too. I want some zip and excitement in the audio tone when it locks onto a good target.

tabman