Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Outlaw finds buckle with 1855 date

GunnarMN

This machine , is Awsome, it can relick hunt like no other machine, the combination of its light weight , and small coil , and the No motion , just alow me to go deep and get into spots nothing els can . this machine is a sleeping giant of a relic machine, found the old brass buckle this suprized me , but it was in with all the old shot shells the UMC is pre 1912 the Remington UMC after but still old who knows maybe a coin got lost seems the Turkys like the sound as well and come closer but I am not hunting them just the coins[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbfUGML-nU0[/video]

Nice job with the buckle. Those kind of finds make this hobby fun.

Gunnar I really enjoy watching your videos. You do such a great job showing what the Outlaw is capable of doing.

Nice buckle. :cheers:

tabman

That turkey thought they found themselves a mate lol Nice score on the buckle Gunnar! You are poppin' out some oldies. Keep hunting the area as it looks very promising. Also, Is this near the area you were hunting the other day? Would you provide some up close pictures of the buckle? Keep up the great videos - Jimmy

Having just recently purchased an Outlaw, I have really enjoyed your videos. They are set up great and really give those less familiar with the Outlaw real good tips and pointers. You'll have another YouTube follower! Big thanks for sharing :twodetecting:

Oppie

Yes pulltaber UMC merged with Remington in 1912 so then it became Remington UMC on the shot shell, - Jimmy yes it is near where i was hunting the other day as i am griding the whole woods I put a small mark on the side of each tree as i search up to that point I will see if i can get some better pictures of the buckle. it shure stands to say a coin may have been lost to if so that would be the 1st silver coin so far , but I am waiting, seems the hunters have used the x act same hunting spots for 100 years because i find Old with the new,

Nice job Gun. Slap the 10x12 dd on that thing and cover those woods....

Interesting finds.. I found a UMC #16 Nitro Club headstamp a few weeks back - always interesting when you can actually date something - 1924 was the year #16 Nitro Club's where produced

Wow on the buckle ... it is in one piece. Normally only get part of a buckle! Nice digging Gunnar!!!

Buckle was in one piece, IDX it would be a bit more dificult to use the 10x 12 because it snags in all the sticks thats what is nice about the fllat coils nothing snaggs in them I may try the 10x12 in a spot that is not so congested tho

Pax no I hav not , but I did find the copper nugget that was the size of a BB in a basalt stone and it can get that at 4" deep with the small coil

Nice finds Gunnar. You and the outlaw continue to just amaze me. You should be getting a commision from Tesoro for all the outlaws you have been responsible for selling!

the buckle says PATENT 1855 so its probly from the age of the shells, I hope i can tune people on to the Outlaw , as it is a very good relic machine , but i did have a few guys tell me I turned them away from it . so i hope i am not having the oposite efect but I know what it is and what it can do and how to use it . its a great machine . I am so glad tesoro made a machine with a no motion all metal . thats what sold me on this one as i have said