Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Outlaw GB

pablo61

Is it better to adjust the ground balance slightly negative on the Outlaw?

When initially GB the Outlaw, is it better to have the sensitivity set at 10(high) or at 1(low)? Thank you.

Well slightly negative will give you better depth but can also cause it to operate more erratically. 1/4 turn won't be bad or 1/8 turn.
And I never noticed an issue no matter where I set the sensitivity. But I set mine to 8-9 to hunt so that's where j probably GB at because sensitivity is set before I GB.
Not sure if that's wrong but always serves me right.

use the sens where its comfortable for you me personally I don't like a lot of noise so I turn it down so I can hear the subtle changes in the coil bobbing and yes to some degree it will knock targets out depending on neg/pos GB setting so very slightly neg is probably recommended for the outlaw in most ground but as always experimentation is important as all ground is not created equal and the type of coil being used makes a difference where to set the GB also targets being sort comes in to play to some extent also.

AJ

pablo61 said:

When initially GB the Outlaw, is it better to have the sensitivity set at 10(high) or at 1(low)? Thank you.

Short answer: YES.

Too positive and you'll lose depth and target response, and you'll notice that on larger coins. Best to learn Monte's "power balance", whereby you set the GB in disc mode.

Thanks, this whole GB game maybe causing my issues. I need to review my whole process and check out the "power blance" guidance.

pinenut said:
pablo61 said:

Too positive and you'll lose depth and target response, and you'll notice that on larger coins. Best to learn Monte's "power balance", whereby you set the GB in disc mode.

Is there some detailed instructions on Power Balancing? I get the gist of it. Will the AM mode be unusable after doing this because of noise. Also, does it matter where the Threshold is set. Thanks.

pablo61 said:
Thanks, this whole GB game maybe causing my issues. I need to review my whole process and check out the "power blance" guidance.

pinenut said:
pablo61 said:

Power balancing is just bobbing the coil in disc mode after balancing in AM and going negative until you start to get beeps from lowering it to the ground, then you keep bobbing and go positive until the beeps stop when lowering.
Supertuning is pretty much just cranking threshold up to max. That makes AM and pinpointing useless because it just screams. Lol

I like to set threshold in auto all-metal, and so I can just barely hear the hum.