Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Outlaw is this normal?

clad king

im thinking of trying a outlaw again and i have a question, the last outlaw i had everytime i turned it on i had to press the retune button in fully to get a good air test now if i didnt press the button it would cut the sensitivity in half, was i doing something wrong? i really like the detector but i feel you shouldnt have to press the retune button everytime you turn it on to get full sensitivity. just wondering if theres something im missing. thanks clad king

You're not missing anything, it's the design of the detector. When you first start out you'll need to either ground balance or raise the coil off the ground and push the pinpoint button all the way in to re-tune. I very seldom use the pinpoint button because I can pinpoint on a dime in the discriminate mode. If you do use the pinpoint button you just have to remember to raise the coil off the ground and push the pinpoint all the way in to re-tune. It's not big a deal once you get the hang of it. It only takes a slit second to do.

tabman

If you turn the Outlaw on in any mode-toggle setting with the search coil held in-the-air and away from any metal and away from the ground, then you can toggle to Disc. AFTER the battery test quits and hunt away.

If you turn it on in any toggle setting, and have metal or the ground close to the coil, then after the battery test just push Retune and hunt away.

If you want to play-it-safe, just turn it on and let the battery test run, then hold the coil about 6" off the ground, press Retune, then start hunting. If you need to set the Threshold and adjust the Ground Balance, when complete just press Retune and hunt away.

Just a simple design glitch that's easy to get used to. Maybe just think of the Outlaw as a Press-and-Go detector. After a battery test, Pinpointing, switching to any modes with the toggle, recovering a target, etc. .... just pick it up, Press [size=small](the Retune button)[/size] and Go find stuff.

Monte

I also have an Outlaw and as everyone already said, this is normal. I actually raise my coil off the ground and press the retune button after every dig. I use the pinpoint feature often and it requires the retune to be fully pressed after each use to reset and have full depth.