Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Outlaw non motion depth?

james1969

Hello, I wonder if somebody can give me an idea of the depth possible in non motion all metal mode, I am looking for a non motion detector for woodland hunting where it is very overgrown and hard to swing a coil,also is the 12x10 coil deeper than the stock 8 inch coil?, my dirt is very mild. Thanks in advance, James.

When I had one, it was while doing a field test and comparing signals with an XP Deus at the time. I remember at an old construction site, I got a 'soft' hit in discrimination mode, checked the signal in the no-motion all-metal and it still had that modulated sound with a tight pinpoint area. I did not thumb the disc. like some people do, had it set on MIN disc. Had my buddy check out the signal with his XP and he said it was a deep good one. The target ended up being an 8" deep memorial penny from the 60's. I was judging by the audio the Outlaw gave that it would go several inches deeper at this particular spot. I'm giving you an honest estimation on depth in my soil, your mileage may very.

PS: I forgot to show settings and coil.......
8" coil,...... Sens.10..........Disc. MIN,,,,,Ground Bal..spot on ,neutral....Threshold...just audible

In my mineralized sand i could not get a dime in disq at 6" using all coils but where a little les minerals i could get 7" with 8" coil and 10x12 the 10x12 not much deeper . the no motion is fairly deep i could get a gold ring at 9" deep but the outlaw is not a noted deep machine , the T is

james1969 said:
Hello, I wonder if somebody can give me an idea of the depth possible in non motion all metal mode, I am looking for a non motion detector for woodland hunting where it is very overgrown and hard to swing a coil,also is the 12x10 coil deeper than the stock 8 inch coil?, my dirt is very mild. Thanks in advance, James.

I'm not sure about the Outlaw, but on a good number of the Tesoro's the All-Metal mode isn't actually a totally Non Motion mode! its still requires some motion at the coil to get a target response. But keep in mind that the discrimination mode is SLOW motion so there is never any need to WHIP the coil.

Mark