Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Outlaw on nuggets?

Habanero

Anyone ever tried the outlaw on nuggets or at least tested some to see if it will work? I know there are much better choices; just curious is all. I hear the Vaquero does ok on them.

I found small copper nuggets and it got the ones that where grape nut size @ three inches deep that is the outlaw using the 7" DD but the Vaquero got them about 4.5" deep

I had one for awhile and didnt find it to be very good on nuggets. It would find them but wasnt grand.

Its not really a nugget machine is it,some VLF machine are better than others i guess,but the only way i guess to try and find nuggets would be use a small coil,in the UK we dont find gold nuggets with a detector,some have used pan methods in a few scottish rivers.

Your only option to get the machine to pick up small gold would be the the 4''-5'' size coil,even then i feel it would struggle,its not the right machine for the jov.The Lobo would be the far better option as that was basically designed for the job.

Thanks for the input; have one coming and was just pondering all the different types of hunting I may find myself into later on.

I have a Bandido microMax, predecessor to the Outlaw, that hits pretty well in AM- Autotune on the only small nugget I have. The Vaquero will probably hit better since it is a higher kHz machine. My Tejon seems to pick it the best of the machines I have.