Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Outlaw on the way

iron bark

:ausflag: Hi I finally have a Outlaw on the way, it will most likely take 10 days to arrive and being Christmas may be a bit longer.
Any advice on tip and tricks would be welcome it has 3 coils with it .
Wishing all members a safe and memory Christmas and a very good new year regards from Australia all the best john:ausflag:

Congrats,

The Outlaw is a great little detector I really enjoy mine. The 3 coil package is nice and the coils perform well but I did pick up the 7" DD Wide Scan coil for it as well and it is by far my favorite coil on the Outlaw. The outlaw performs well in iron trash and runs very stable when ground balanced correctly. It is a joy to swing so just practice practice and all will come together with the detector.

Happy Hunting, :detecting:
Bill G

Great fun machine. Had the White's V3i a couple of years ago. I prefer the Outlaw over the White's. Not that the V3i isn't a great machine; it's just not as much fun for me. Love the "Threshold based Motion All Metal" for measuring targets. It gives me an idea what may be under the coil and for me, it's an alternative to pinpointing for large items. A word of caution though; what may appear as a rusted iron pipe might be the barrel of a "73" Winchester! Best to dig most everything. I sold the 12" and bought the 4" & the Street Sweeper. I hunt in very hard pack soil.
I don't use the pinpointing function. Probably would if I had a 12" coil. I just "X" the target. On the street sweeper, I just use the heel. I just got the new White's Bullseye. All I need to do is "punch" the ground with it to pinpoint most stuff. I've found hand made horseshoes from an 1886 race track 1/2" under ground. A silver dollar from a 1928 site that was 3" under ground. The ground balance is a must here.
Be sure to research the area you plan to detect. Know the ground conditions and who occupied the area. Every so often, I go out with my meterless, "old technology" Tesoro to an area that has been "cleaned" out; just to practice my skill. The silver dollar was found at a 1928 hot springs spa. The owner said the area was cleaned out over the last 20 years that he had it. People in his family had gone over it with top of the line White's that "did everything.". The silver dollar popped out in a high trash area. I was using the 4" coil. Know the ground conditions and use the right coil and you'll do well. The horse shoes were also in an area that has been picked over for years. I dug up 5 1/2 horse shoes now. My friend uses the White's MXT. I've had two of them. Great machine. He digs all. I went to his favorite area that he has been working for years. I went in the alley where he had been. I could see the disturbed dirt. Long story short, I ended up stacking about 20 pennies along the edge of the alley. A couple of days later he saw me and asked how I did it? Simple. I used a 4" coil. He used the smallest White's which didn't cut it in that area. It wasn't a question of who had the best detector but just having the right coil for the area. That's were I think Tesoro shines. The selection of coils pretty much covers what you need.

I agree with Tab Hunter the threshold all metal is awesome, and my best advise to you is don't sell it .

I defiantly will not be selling it ,it took to long to find .Its going to be fun a new learning experience I have been prospecting for 34 year, what does TAB HUNTER mean by street sweeper he mentioned in his post. thanks regards john:ausflag:

iron bark said:
I defiantly will not be selling it ,it took to long to find .Its going to be fun a new learning experience I have been prospecting for 34 year, what does TAB HUNTER mean by street sweeper he mentioned in his post. thanks regards john:ausflag:
Sorry. I get carried away with nick names. It's the "Cleansweep" 3" X 18" coil by Tesoro. You can see it on the Tesoro website.

kaolinwasher said:
I agree with Tab Hunter the threshold all metal is awesome, and my best advise to you is don't sell it .

I made this mistake. Sold mine and got a Sovereign. The Sov is good but I miss my Outlaw.

Just checked the tracking number its at the post office, today is a public holiday so will have to be tomorrow
I had a sovereign gt but I like the Tesoro
Happy new year may all your digs end up with a smile
regards john:ausflag:

if you have any questions about the behavior of your Outlaw, feel welcome to ask here on the forums, or you're welcome to shoot me an e-mail [email subject=Monte]monte@stinkwaterwells.com[/email].

You're into summer down there, but up here in Eastern Oregon :usaflag: it's a chilly 25° F right now under a clear sky, sunny day [size=small](but that's coming up from a low of 10° and wind chill earlier today of 2°)[/size]. When the temps linger this low for a while I actually bring all my detectors in out of my vehicle because I won't be hunting. Another week and I think it will warm enough over in Western Oregon that I'll load a few and make a journey that way, and my Outlaw w/5¾" Concentric coil is ready to go-to-work. :thumbup::)

Monte