Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Outlaw with 9x8 Concentric, Coil Question?

flysar

I may pick up a used Outlaw with a 9x8 coil.
I've never the 9x8 coil on a Epsilon unit so I'm curious how they compare to the 8" donut.
I sold my Outlaw a few yrs back and only used the 5.75, 8, 12x10, 11x8, and clean sweep coils; my favorites being the 8, 5.75, and clean sweep.

9x8 feels a little heavier to me than the 8" donut, and the spokes get caught on twigs. Otherwise, it works about the same as the 8".

I've switched those coils back and forth fairly often and in my opinion I got just slightly more depth out of the 8"donut. However, the difference was so slight that it wouldn't justify buying the 8" for that reason.
BB

Thanks all for the info. I'm meeting up with the seller tomorrow and will probably come home with an Outlaw!

flysar said:
Thanks all for the info. I'm meeting up with the seller tomorrow and will probably come home with an Outlaw!

Congratulations!

They're a good machine once you learn 'em, but a little quirky. Read as much as you can about the Outlaw...
Remember to "retune" it after you make any knob adjustments..Just lift coil a couple feet off ground then fully push in and release button, or toggle to auto then back to disc. Either will retune it in a couple seconds.
Learn Monte's "power balance", and set your ground balance slightly negative. In highly mineralized areas, you'll likely want to run sensitivity down below the maximum and GB a bit negative for good response on larger, shallow coins; at least that's how mine seems to work best.

BTW, if working trashy areas, the 5.75" coil is highly recommended.