Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Outlaw

sddavid

Thinking of getting the Tesoro Outlaw with the three coil package. Any input on this unit before I really do it???

sddavid said:
Thinking of getting the Tesoro Outlaw with the three coil package. Any input on this unit before I really do it???
Yes, get a Vaquero or Tejon instead. Found them to be just better all around performing detectors myself.

Well you're gonna get different opinions.

But the outlaw performs extremely well in iron.
It's based on one of the most famous and usually loved detectors, the bandido II micromax.
I for one love it.

You can disc out dimes and copper pennies but still hit quarters and silver.
There is much more but I love it. The ed120 makes it super quiet in iron, has no motion all metal with retune and fast retune all metal.

The vaquero is a wonderful machine too but inmy experience isn't as good in iron and is more adept to getting chatty and fussy. It's a very deep machine when supertuning, I I get alot of enjoyment out of it.

You really can't go wrong with either honestly.
There are many fanboys and people who will prefer one to the other, but to each their own and you probably won't know until you try one in your hunting places and style.

I will say this. Each of my detectors in my stable were chosen carefully and there's a reason I have both. Some hunting the vaquero suits me better, other hunting the outlaw suits me better.
Too much to drink, and the compadre always serves me well haha.
Sorry I couldn't have been of more help, but you are about to have a flood of both sides here and definitely listen to their points, and I hope no arguments start.
But take all the knowledge you can and then use that to make your choice.
Either way it'll be a Tesoro so you'll be in good hands.
Happy hunting!!

Thanks! I know what you mean, I have access to my daughters Compadre to!

I love spending other peoples money :biggrin: so I will tell you what to get :buds:

get off the forum before your head explodes :poke: come back after you buy a detector that's the best plan...

AJ

Well sd, it's a pass time. But even better if your area has some Treasure to defray the cost. Old coins, clad, Jewelry.
Put that coil over something good, bang, paid for in one swing. Good luck.

I would get a Bandido Vaquero µMax Super Cibola Traq, with the optional ghost foot wide Double D....Its a rare unit, but If you can find one, I am sure you will be pleased.

Had about 15 minutes to detect yesterday while waiting for my daughter to get ready. She's living in the Los Angeles area, renting a room in a house built in 1927. It was her birthday, and my wife & I drove down and took her to lunch.

Found this 925 ring, a couple wheaties ('37,'44) and a couple more '60s cents plus one clad quarter. 15 minutes on a curb strip, with the Outlaw, which happened to be in the car... Funny how some people don't appreciate the Outlaw, saying it doesn't perform as well as the Vaquero. While it doesn't get the Vaquero's depth, it sure isn't lacking in performance, either. It offers more functions than Vaquero, has a nicer audio tone than standard V, and is quieter in my average trashy spots.
I have at least one of each of Tesoro's current land detectors (except Silver, but have a Cutlass II; close to same thing), and prefer using Outlaw over Vaquero and Tejon just about everywhere I go. Outlaw is usually my backup, and in the car on every trip. My primary is presently a Bandido II μMAX, the Outlaw's daddy.

BTW, two days earlier with the Outlaw at an old campground, and I dug my earliest Scout neckerchief slide and another official Boy Scout knife (along with about $3 in clad). My fifth slide and third Scout knife, several of them found with the Outlaw in bottlecap infested campgrounds.

:smoke:

Cool finds!!
Not bad for 15 minutes.
I don't know why people give the outlaw a bad rap.
But I enjoy mine!!
Happy hunting!

May have to try the Outlaw again, perhaps this spring.

Vaquero. Just got mine in today. It's the best one they make.

fematrailer said:
Weeelllll, I don't know about that... Lol
You will get different opinions.
Have you run an outlaw yet? Because if not it's hard to come to that conclusion.....

Also, if you're running in iron and trash, the outlaw wins for me.
Depth, yes I'll have to give that to the vaquero.

It all depends on where and what you're hunting. Also it's a personal thing too. Some may like one more than the other just as personal preference along with what type and area they normally hunt in.

I put the outlaw into the jewelry and coins area and the vaquero in the relic area.

But again, it's personal preference.

fematrailer said:

there isnt a bad detector being made today as far as i can tell...
it takes a long time to master a machine... hope you enjoy yours
as much as i have mine.

fematrailer said:

And Rusty told me that my Vaquero was the best one they made... Can't believe anyone these days. :pinnochio